Customer Service 866.965.0400

Plastidip

bjoeaull

I wouldn't think it would work well in high traffic areas as mentioned before. I did dip my front bumper and all 4 wheels last summer and it lasted well all winter long. I have accidentally nicked the dip on one of my wheels with a screw driver and it seemed to want to come off afterwards. I have since completely removed the dip and reapplied and looks great.

FYI - Dip loves some SVRT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll vote "not well at all."

Even if your prep/application is perfect, it's not designed to be used in a high-traffic area like that.

You can try it, but be sure to temper your expectations IMO.

It all depends on how thick, originally the company sold (and still does) a plastic like dip for tool handles, stuff is tough. I'm sure the forumla changed a bit for the spray can version, but still simular.

Plastidipping the front half of my hood and all of my front bumper will be a fall project before the Colorado stone season

I have the same boards on my sierra denali, and yeah, everyone steps on the plastic so my guess is you'd be alright.  But I have no experience.  I tossed around the idea of dipping all my chrome strips and rims to black out the whole truck.  But not sure I have the time, but I think it would look sweet!

i'm reviving this thread, because i'm thinking about Plastidipping the chrome part of my running boards.

for those that have used this product, how do you think it will hold up to people stepping on it? for whatever reason, people that i cart around tend to not always step on the black plastic part of the running boards!

i'm thinking they would look good and kind of "disappear" with the plastidip on them.

photo of the subject:
66BFBAAE-83FF-4A52-86F8-09FA9592200D-472