Customer Service 866.965.0400

Plastidip

bjoeaull

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use it on my stock rims for the snowy months. Summer time comes around, peel/rub it off with gasoline or what have you and you have a fresh canvas.

It's pretty resistant too, I don't hand wash during the cold months, I just power wash it and it still holds up.

yeah, I knew about the applications, just pointing out that they have a transparent smoke version that I guess is new, haha. Wonder how well it looks on something like chrome trim or rims. Might look cool!

PlastiDip'd my extra set of factory wheels for winter duty. Put it on in October and it still is holding up perfectly.

Proper prep is the key. Every time I read about someone saying their plasti dip came off the first time they washed their vehicle , it's inevitably due to bad prep. Yes, if you spray over months of road grime and brake dust, PLASTI DIP WILL NOT STICK!

b812e984-8399-2b51.jpg

Emblems are easy.. I taped off the emblems then covered the (clean) car with a plastic drop cloth for painting in the house to prevent overspray from getting on the finish. Yes overspray is a issue with plasti dip.

I've got it on my emblems, wheels, old grille, old hood emblem, and chrome bits. Love the stuff

Also, since it's technically a rubber type substance, VRT makes it pop! And protects it from looking dingy, which it definitely starts to do when it gts too dirty

Emblems are easy.. I taped off the emblems then covered the (clean) car with a plastic drop cloth for painting in the house to prevent overspray from getting on the finish. Yes overspray is a issue with plasti dip.

Is there different brands or is Plasti dip the brand name?

Ryan did you rough up your emblems first or just clean them?

Here is a how to I saw on LS1GTO.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6__yL_i7io]How to BLACK OUT Emblems (Plastidip) [Project GTO V3] - YouTube[/ame]

I would never spray it on over my paint, but I guess thats what it is designed for.

Go to Dipyourcar.com

All of the products, help, videos, FAQ you could ever need when dealing with plastidip

Also, they have gloss- black, white, red, matte- black, white, red, metal -gold, silver, gunmetal

Great stuff! I use it often because if I get tired of my current combo, it just comes right off, but make sure you have put a solid 4-6 coats to create to easiest possible removal

Have fun with it!

Well I decided to take the plunge and Plasti-Dip my wheels today. Finished in the dark/garage so couldn't get a great idea of how it will look but I gotta say from what I can that it looks amazing! Took this quick pics until I can get better ones....

IMAG0569.jpg

Lighting makes the car look weird

IMAG0567.jpg

Since I had SVRT still on my tires I didn't tape them off. Once I finished I just peeled the overspray off, nice and simple. I can try and get better pictures if anyone needs them.

I've had mine for nearly a year now, no chips or peeling here!

A lot of people plastidip their wheels FOR winter, so this stuff is meant to be durable

It sounds like I'm a rep for the company if you read all my posts, but I swear I'm not hahaha

I've had mine for nearly a year now, no chips or peeling here!

A lot of people plastidip their wheels FOR winter, so this stuff is meant to be durable

It sounds like I'm a rep for the company if you read all my posts, but I swear I'm not hahaha

When you dont want the coating or need to recoat, How hard is it to remove this stuff?

This stuff does not peel off Easy like you all say. I was screwing around with this stuff and my stockers for a little mod project I tried. Long story short, I found a better alternative, and also spent over four hours removing that stuff from the face of one wheel.

I even had the Aircraft stripper out.