Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish #1 and #2 doing work

Big O

Looks great! If you haven't done all the others can you post a pic with only using #1? Does #2 make a huge difference?

Really makes me want to sand and polish my wheels. But that's 20-30 hours worth of work.

Looks great! If you haven't done all the others can you post a pic with only using #1? Does #2 make a huge difference?

Really makes me want to sand and polish my wheels. But that's 20-30 hours worth of work.

#1 actually did almost all the heavy lifting on these wheels, it was amazing watching number one pull off the haze and surface rust (or whatever it was). #2 added some depth but nothing drastic like #1. This rim also has quick sealant and glaze but honestly in the shop lights I couldn't really tell a difference. Rim looked amazing after #1 ... haven't been outside yet.

90% sure they are not clear coated ... owners manual says they are chrome plated and my visual says the same. I didn't watch them get made so I'm not 100% though. They are not like my tbss wheels which were polished then clear coated nor like my silverados ss which were painted and clear coated.

i wish they steer away from chrome clad and back to this type of finish on future models!!!

That's the only thing I don't like about my truck. The funny thing is, I've seen on several truck forums where folks pulled the plastichrome covers off and the wheel design underneath looks good. But other than powdercoating them, it would take a lot of work to shine 'em up.

Archived