Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to me car...

bcampbe7

Long time, no post....

Bought a 2000 BMW M5 at the beginning of February. Had 78k miles when I bought it.

Has a tune, coilovers, upgraded angel eyes, and updated navigation.

Paint is pretty good. There are some touch-up spots on the passenger mirror and passenger side, but other than that the paint is very good.

All the glass is in great condition. Interior is also in pretty good shape. Almost everywhere you look (dash, console, doors, seats, etc) there is leather. The Adams leather conditioner is doing it's job perfectly.

I am loving the silver. Not a flashy color, which I like, and not a hard color to keep looking clean. I fought with my majestic blue Maxima to keep it looking nice and shiny. That Nissan paint and I just didn't get along! No matter what I tried, I would swirl the paint. So far, this silver is much easier for me to keep swirl free and shiny.

Today's events:

-50:50 APC/Water on the wheels and tires using boar's hair wheel brush

-Foamed entire car with Adam's car shampoo and foam gun

-2 bucket wash using Adam's car shampoo

-Towel dry with waterless wash

-Adam's leather and interior cleaner on parts of the interior

-Adam's leather conditioner on the entire interior (seats, dash, console, doors, etc)

-Adam's glass cleaner on all glass inside and out

I didn't do anything to the engine, but it is pretty clean.

Great car, and perfect color combo! Black interior, silver exterior is the easiest to maintain, and the M5 of that generation is a BEAST! Nice car, and good choice. :thumbsup:

NICE! My dad had one just like that, color and all. He loved it. The only problem he had was it ate two clutches while he had it. I believe that's the weak point of them.

Fun cars though! He liked it enough to trade it for the E60. The E39 is what made him a BMW guy.

Thanks all. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. I will need to get some better ones (with a real camera).

It IS a blast to drive for sure.

I hear ya on the clutch. This one had the clutch replaced just before I bought it. From what I have read, if you stay off the power till the clutch is fully engaged, the clutch will last much longer. We shall see.

Thanks all. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. I will need to get some better ones (with a real camera).

It IS a blast to drive for sure.

I hear ya on the clutch. This one had the clutch replaced just before I bought it. From what I have read, if you stay off the power till the clutch is fully engaged, the clutch will last much longer. We shall see.

I was told the clutch is the same one used with the 6 cylinder. ??? The aftermarket is your friend there.

He had his replaced under warranty, and then it was JUST going out when he traded it on the E60. His was a 2002 I believe.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments, all!

Not sure on the clutch being the same as the 6 cylinder. I think it is the same as the standard 5-series though. If/when it goes out I will probably look at a CNS clutch as a replacement. Ihave read of stock clutches going at very lo mileage and others lasting to 200k miles.

Going to give it a bath and top it with some Americana and Brilliant glaze this evening. Giong to my first Cars & Coffee tomorrow morning so I want it represent Adam's well!

Archived