Customer Service 866.965.0400

Heated vs non Heated Carpet Extractors

Court M3

Question

Ok not to beat a dead horse, but which one is better for detailing. Have heard it mentioned that a steamer and carpet cleaner then cold water extraction is just as effective as heated extractors.

What does the Adams' crowd say? TIA

12 answers to this question

I have a cold water extractor (It was over $600) but I fill it with hot water (120 degrees or so). The first question is how much do you want to spend? You can get a low-end hot water extractor or a high-end cold water extractor for around the same price. Hot water is better, but finances reign supreme.

Going further, can anyone recommend a cheap one for personal use?

I have the Bissell car care pro heat which cost about a hundred bucks, and I absolutely love it. If you’re not doing more then one full carpet detail per day then I would recommend it!

Bissel little green machine with pro heat and the turbo brush nozzle FTW I use adam's. CUC straight from the sprayer on Heavy spots And I add 3 oz to the water tank on the Bissel. Best part with the pro heat is I'm ready to go in 3 minutes or so for the water to heat up. The suction works good if I am in a rush to get something dry quickly I have a nozzle for my wet vac that I use. If I clean a se of floor mats they are dry in about 2-3 hour completely

Definitely hot water! :banana:

if or when i go into the detailing business i would get one of these pupies. $799 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLpBXL7-am4cVXFYoZl8CntJ_bk-hurkXhyTBRu1DV0hImtEClGg

or one of them from aztec. I learned early on that you have to pay extra for the right tools. It will cost you dearly in time and money in the long run getting the cheap stuff for professional use. IE: i only buy Festool, Bosch, Makita & Milwaukee for tools. Consumer gear like craftsmen, ryobi etc have no place in the professional world. and this is after throwing away $1,000s in inferior products from craftsmen/ryobi/B&D,ridged Etc.

The same goes for detailing...Bissel works well for home use but takes far too long and doesnt work well for the super disgusting carpets that most professionals see on a day to day basis.

I have a cheap Hoover unit I bought probably 15 years ago that works great. I just use hot water in it.

I'm sure that the pricier units have better suction and allow you to get more water out of the carpets, but I just park the car in the sun and open the windows a bit. Bakes it right out!

Archived