Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Harley

Krzdimond

A friend of mine JUST got a fat boy (black) and HD is telling him that he doesn't need wax.... just use Windex because of the "special" paint.

I was going to detail it for free (Served with him for 2 tours in Iraq and he just got back from his 3rd) when he told me this.

Anyone know if this is true or are they just feeding him a line? I am thinking it's BS myself.....

I own an 02 Wide Glide, and read all the Harley magazines. I have never heard of this anywhere. I wax mine just like I do my cars. But...make sure you dont put any "shine" on the tires! (If you are not a rider, just to let you know that shine on bike tires makes them slick - something you definately dont want on a motorcycle.)

I bet it has the flat finish paint on it, which feels porous. I believe he is correct in that you wouldn't want to wax it, and I think Harley tells you that also. I bet you could use Detail Spray though. Test on a small inconspicuous area first.

Bruce

I bet it has the flat finish paint on it, which feels porous. I believe he is correct in that you wouldn't want to wax it, and I think Harley tells you that also. I bet you could use Detail Spray though. Test on a small inconspicuous area first.

Bruce

If it has the flat finish I would say that sounds about right, but if it is a shiny finish you should be able to polish/wax whatever. Harley sells something called Harley Glaze, overpriced for sure, but I have bought it in the past until I started with Adam's products.

Anyway let us know, inquiry minds need to know.

Later,

Edited by NTHEWIND

he stopped by yesterday unexpectedly. It is black SHINY tank with LOTS of chrome. The engine has a matt finish on it. Anyway, I looked at it and it had scratches already:(

Ran some finish polish by hand, waxed with paste wax, and Adams detail spray. Contrary to the pros at HD, this quick 3 min process added about 4 inches in depth.

The #1 & 2 metal polish worked WONDERS on the chrome too:rockon:

Now, for the important question....... For those of you who do motorcycle details, what do you charge? He will get his free, but he has friends:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Now, for the important question....... For those of you who do motorcycle details, what do you charge? He will get his free, but he has friends:2thumbs::2thumbs:

I'd pay about $150. I would start there.

When I first went into business for myself, I undercharged myself. But to correct that, all you can do is charge your new customers your new rate. But you will still have your early clients paying the lower price. Just don't second rate yourself, tell them that you are worth it.

Make up an album of before and after photo's to show prospective clients :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It gives them something to think about while you inspect the vehicle before giving the quote :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Make up an album of before and after photo's to show prospective clients :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It gives them something to think about while you inspect the vehicle before giving the quote :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I already do that with the cars:thumbsup:

Adomize everything!!
Adomize:bow:

Nice bike BTW

• 3 weeks later...