Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help! Used a leaf blower and have water spots

Villapd

Question

I'm am new to detailing and after reading many post I attempted to warsh (lol) my vehicle the proper way. I did the two bucket wash , rinse first, then foam w meguiars gold class soap/wax, ( until my Adams arrives), two wash :(:(:( Mits etc. . After this I did the sheet / pooling rinse technique to get most of the water off.

After the rinse, I then used a cheap electric leaf blower to dry my black suv.

While using the leaf blower I noticed that the vehicle was drying quickly in other areas. As I made my way around with the leaf blower I noticed water spots on the veh where the water dried. I stopped using the leaf blower and continued drying and wiping the water spots with a moist microfiber drying towel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated . I like the idea of the less times that you touch a car the less chance of getting swirls or scratches. Just seems there was no way around it this time.:(

24 answers to this question

3pedalmini,

You're absolutely right about the wax. I've owned my veh almost a year now and the only wax if any that it gets was from my wash soap meguiars gold class wax / shampoo.

SO NONE! :lolsmack:

I have an echo. The exhaust isnt routed through the blower, but it is on the front of the machine blowing in the same direction.

Since I don't like to get cords out all the time, my goal is to buy a Lithium Ion powered Cordless blower.

I know the power isn't there compared to a Blaster, but it's better than nothing, which is what I currently use. lol

Chris

The issue with that is a lot of them have the exhaust routed through the blower exhaust. If not, you'd probably be OK but the smoke still scares me. I know my Homelite pushes it through the blower whereas my parents Echo doesn't.

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

3pedalmini,

You're absolutely right about the wax. I've owned my veh almost a year now and the only wax if any that it gets was from my wash soap meguiars gold class wax / shampoo.

Another thought: Most other car wash shampoo's don't work too well when left on the paint, so in warmer weather you will need to rinse a few times during the wash instead of waiting until the end.

Since my weather is very humid, I can even have issues with the Adam's soap drying too quickly. A tip that Chris05GTO passed along was to leave the Adam's soap as is, but at the end of the wash 'reactivate' it by wiping the entire car with a wash mitt full of wash solution. It can be done very quickly (since you are not cleaning this time) and the soap will come off without water spots.

The drying towel! lol Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel

When just using detail spray for extra bling (not after a wash) use Adam's Single Soft Microfiber Towel or Adam's Double Soft Microfiber Towel

Make sure you watch all the videos Adam and his crew have made to help you.

Instructional Detailing Videos

I'm working under a large well shaded carport .

I think I'm going to use the blower around the mirrors winders and cracks since it seems pointless to use it when the water has dried.

Does the car need to be completely dry to apply detail spray? Thanks in advance !!

Are you doing this in the sun?

The vehicle must be cool to the touch and shade is your friend. ESPECIALLY with a black vehicle.

Once you blow it off, spritz it with some DS, and wipe with the drying towel. BAM! Instantly beautiful!

Chris

Archived