Customer Service 866.965.0400

The new rig...

Team Adam's

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my 2012 for about 2 months almost and love it from going from my 08 to my 12. Dont ever want to look back. The 6 speed is ABOVE and BEYOND the 4 speed in my 08.

First mod i did to the 08 was the leveling kit. Ill be doing that to this one I think. the 12's ride so smooth its unbelievable. So far on the 12, I put my silverstar bulbs in from the last one, replaced all the inside bulbs with LED from superbrightLEDs.com and put my tonneau cover on since I got to keep it.

Im at about 2700 miles so far and ready for my first oil change... free :)

:confused: Free?? My last two new pick-ups and now the new RAM truck plus two Mercedes for the wife. With all of them I was offered the Free oil changes. $200.00+ for three years and then the super Free one was $800.00+ for a Free lifetime oil change. Asked how they figured that was free. Sales manager leaned over and simply said "Bill, nothing is free in life."

All of our dealerships offer the Free changes. However while standing at the service department counter, a lady told the guy she was there for her Free oil change. Guy looked her file up and then told her it was way to early to get it. Told her she could only get 3 oil changes a year.

I can't doubt what you said about free and do take your word for it. However, I've yet to see a dealership actually give out Free oil changes.

With the new RAM truck - after refusing the Free change I told the guy I always change the oil myself. "High Pressure Time." He said if I did that it would void the warranty. Got through that lie and won it. Then I told him I would be using a synthetic oil. Nope, voids the warranty!

I stood up and headed to the door. He's hot on my heels and tells me: "okay, you can change it and use the synthetic.

Just a FYI. The last time I paid for an oil change - told me the truck was done, paid the guy, got my keys, walked to the truck and checked the oil filter. It was the exact same one that was on the truck. That's when I decided to 'only' trust myself when it comes to taking care of my vehicles.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I'll have to be in a wheelchair to let someone change my oil ever again. Seems every time I let someone service or do anything to my vehicles (like tint), they EFF it up. I almost want to slap the tire guy out of the bay and balance my own tires.

Did the carbon fiber thing to the bowties today - not the be-all-end-all - but it's better than the stupid looking gold color they come in.

Cleaned the bowties, primed with 3m l92 or whatever they call it, used some scrap 3m dinoc from when I wrapped a 93' Les Paul, stuck it to the center of the bowtie, used a bondo scraper (softer than a hardcard) and a wagner heat gun on low - olfa knife and here's the front - rear is about the same.

24374d0f.jpg

I'll have to be in a wheelchair to let someone change my oil ever again. Seems every time I let someone service or do anything to my vehicles (like tint), they EFF it up. I almost want to slap the tire guy out of the bay and balance my own tires....

man i know how you feel! i worked at Discount Tire for 4 years throughout high school and college. i got my little bro a job at my old store, and when i went to have my tires rotated and balanced i basically had to show everyone working there the proper way to rebalance a wheel without having to take all the weights off.

:confused: Free?? My last two new pick-ups and now the new RAM truck plus two Mercedes for the wife. With all of them I was offered the Free oil changes. $200.00+ for three years and then the super Free one was $800.00+ for a Free lifetime oil change. Asked how they figured that was free. Sales manager leaned over and simply said "Bill, nothing is free in life."

All of our dealerships offer the Free changes. However while standing at the service department counter, a lady told the guy she was there for her Free oil change. Guy looked her file up and then told her it was way to early to get it. Told her she could only get 3 oil changes a year.

I can't doubt what you said about free and do take your word for it. However, I've yet to see a dealership actually give out Free oil changes.

With the new RAM truck - after refusing the Free change I told the guy I always change the oil myself. "High Pressure Time." He said if I did that it would void the warranty. Got through that lie and won it. Then I told him I would be using a synthetic oil. Nope, voids the warranty!

I stood up and headed to the door. He's hot on my heels and tells me: "okay, you can change it and use the synthetic.

Just a FYI. The last time I paid for an oil change - told me the truck was done, paid the guy, got my keys, walked to the truck and checked the oil filter. It was the exact same one that was on the truck. That's when I decided to 'only' trust myself when it comes to taking care of my vehicles.

My dealership does the first one for free. I trust them. We have been dealing with them for 16ish years. 99% of the time I do my own oil changes, but for the prices that they said they would give me, its hard to not want to take this truck back to them and have them keep the service records on it. They take very good care of myself and my family. Gave me a TON for the truck I traded in. As well as hooked up my parents on what they are driving.

Bowtie looks awesome, is that a vinyl then? Looks really good!

My dealership does the first one for free. I trust them. We have been dealing with them for 16ish years. 99% of the time I do my own oil changes, but for the prices that they said they would give me, its hard to not want to take this truck back to them and have them keep the service records on it. They take very good care of myself and my family. Gave me a TON for the truck I traded in. As well as hooked up my parents on what they are driving.

Bowtie looks awesome, is that a vinyl then? Looks really good!

Well getting a free one the first time is okay. I thought they "sold" you their free lifetime oil change where they charge you a leg and a arm for it.