Customer Service 866.965.0400

The new rig...

Team Adam's

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear... some feedback I've gotten on the CCM kit is that I'll need to do the UCA's as well or there may be ride issues. I'm trying to avoid tearing too much into the suspension (as least for now) so if I can get away with just the spacers and not swapping the UCA's that would be nice.

Nitto TG's are on my short list of tire choices. First gotta choose wheels.

Terra or trail grapps? Get some m/t's!

if you don't plan on going offroad a lot, don't worry about getting aftermarket UCAs. almost all of those on the market require cutting off the service perch under the front control arm bushing anyways. only one i've seen that doesn't require that cut is the total chaos UCA which has a uniball style ball joint.

the Rough Country levelling kit is much easier to install than the CCM. i believe its cheaper as well. instead of the spacer going on the top of the strut, it goes on the bottom.

i'm kinda partial to the Fuel Mojave wheels, 20x9, -14mm offset!

Are you planning on using the 4X4 for its intended use or just because you wanted a lifted truck?

I've found out over the years that the cooler looking the tires (off road) the worse the fuel mileage. Just keep that in mind. I went up two points going from a mud tire to an all terrain.

Are you planning on using the 4X4 for its intended use or just because you wanted a lifted truck?

I've found out over the years that the cooler looking the tires (off road) the worse the fuel mileage. Just keep that in mind. I went up two points going from a mud tire to an all terrain.

It'll get used on occasion... we have lots of wide open desert out here that I used to take my 4wd S10 out on that are a blast to drive. Not ready quite yet to get it dirty though. :D

Well... got some debadging done today. How to posted here

I also pulled the Z71 stickers off (separate writeup coming for that) did a quick FMP pass and applied quick sealant on the panels that I worked today.

Would've done more, but my eraser wheel was all dry and crispy (hadn't used in 3 years) so I had to order a new one. I'll knock out the door moldings and other badges once it gets here. Kind of not sure if I'm going to remove the S I L V E R A D O on the doors and tailgate yet.

Before:

f68325ca.jpg

After:

5ada898e.jpg

565515ed.jpg

f0655788.jpg

Yep... still workin' it :D

8a4a7a0f.jpg

Kind of not sure if I'm going to remove the S I L V E R A D O on the doors and tailgate yet.

Do it man, you know you want to :jester:

i removed everything from my sierra months before i even had it lettered. I went back and forth on wether or not i wanted to remove it, said what the hell and went for it. If i were to get another truck i would wipe the tailgate clean and probably leave the doors.

i dont have any pics from before i had it lettered but imagine it without it. the tailgate looks so much cleaner without the stupid badges

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03071.jpg

Thats kind of my worry... the doors on these trucks are pretty featureless... no body lines to speak of.

On the previous generation it was a no brainer b/c there was a rolled body line at the lower 1/3rd mark so it broke it up. I'm just worried if I debadge and demold the entire thing its gonna be pretty 'blah' - especially in silver... I guess I could photoshop it tonight and see.

you'll like it more with all the emblems off! i chose to keep my side moldings in case someone dings my doors, i've already touched up 2 spots on the moldings from that! can't wait until i have the house and this doesn't happen anymore!

738652c3.jpg

Hmmm... maybe leave the moldings, ditch the badges... decisions, decisions.

what ryan posted, didnt relize you have the moulding too :loser:

lose the badges and keep the moulding. The tailgate is a no brainer, i kind of wished i hadnt removed the doors sense it was really plain, especially since i didn't have moldings either. but once i got it lettered it cleaned it up.

That is one of my pet peeves is when a vehicle gets lettered with a company name and they keep the badges, talk about a cluster convoluted mess on there :lolsmack:

shoulda went red haha. that metallic color is nice none the less. youve seen mine as well as others debadged they look good. throw a topguncustomz 2.5 inch level on there on some 33's and 20x9's and you should be all set.

Edited by fortplainman