Customer Service 866.965.0400

The new rig...

Team Adam's

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO... my avalanche was a lower trim level than this truck... what was so luxurious about it? :confused:

A guy I went to school with had an avalanche, that thing rode beautifully. Had leathers heated seats, navi and reverse cam. Im sure yours wasnt the same model, but still that truck was a beauty.

Nice truck Dylan. Loved the Avy, but this one is nice and I am loving the newer Silvy's with the color matched front end, but dislike the rear bumper not being painted.

I hear you about black though. I have only owned my black Torrent for a month now and have to always clean it because it gets dirty so quick.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

A guy I went to school with had an avalanche, that thing rode beautifully. Had leathers heated seats, navi and reverse cam. Im sure yours wasnt the same model, but still that truck was a beauty.

Mine had cloth interior, was a LT2 trim package, and rode rough b/c I had dropped it so low the rear frame cleared the axle by <1" and at speed on the freeway I could shoot sparks out from under it on any dip or bump when the frame would hit the ground.

It was a fun truck for sure... but certainly not 'luxurious' by any stretch of the imagination. I didn't mod it to be, I modded it to look cool and be different. There was a reason it only had 14,XXX miles on it after 3+ years of ownership... it was built for fun... not luxury.

So much hate on the Avalanche, it hurts ! :help:

Not at all... it was a great truck. Probably the most versatile thing I've ever owned and unique as far as anything else offered by any manufacture. I had just taken it to a point where it was a little impractical and teetering on taking even further down that road.

cant believe i just saw this thread. I absolutely loved that avalanche, and stood out nice with classy mods. I hope you can find something to do with the new truck, cause for me stock they do nothing for me. Only truck stock that gets me is the raptor, just a awesome rig. Cant wait to see what you do with it though, cause by your previous car record your not gunna be able to get away with having the truck stock for long :2thumbs:.

Gonna debadge/desticker/demold today... then onto leveling.

The kit looks pretty darn easy to install... any input?

I pulled the mudflaps yesterday, that was easy. Went to do the front plate bracket and its been riveted on! The state finally caught onto me... I may run a front plate for the first time ever GRRRRRRRRRR!

The ccm kit was pretty straight forward and easy, only problem I had was the factory bolts on the top of the strut had to be cut flush so the new spacer could mount on top. its only about a 1/4 of the top bolts (3 per side) that need to be taken down so they don't hit the strut mount on the truck and allow the spacer to sit flush up in the hole. Also remember to put the bottom of the strut on first then push the lower control arm down to get the top in. The bushing on the bottom of the shock/strut is very solid and doesn't give ya any help lol. Its about a hour job if you have all the tools there. Still rides stock and the Nitto Terra Grapplers ride awesome!

Gonna debadge/desticker/demold today... then onto leveling.

The kit looks pretty darn easy to install... any input?

I pulled the mudflaps yesterday, that was easy. Went to do the front plate bracket and its been riveted on! The state finally caught onto me... I may run a front plate for the first time ever GRRRRRRRRRR!

:explode: Drill them out, and leave it off. The front looks so clean without a plate, unless you have issues with cops I would not put it on.

The ccm kit was pretty straight forward and easy, only problem I had was the factory bolts on the top of the strut had to be cut flush so the new spacer could mount on top. its only about a 1/4 of the top bolts (3 per side) that need to be taken down so they don't hit the strut mount on the truck and allow the spacer to sit flush up in the hole. Also remember to put the bottom of the strut on first then push the lower control arm down to get the top in. The bushing on the bottom of the shock/strut is very solid and doesn't give ya any help lol. Its about a hour job if you have all the tools there. Still rides stock and the Nitto Terra Grapplers ride awesome!

Good to hear... some feedback I've gotten on the CCM kit is that I'll need to do the UCA's as well or there may be ride issues. I'm trying to avoid tearing too much into the suspension (as least for now) so if I can get away with just the spacers and not swapping the UCA's that would be nice.

Nitto TG's are on my short list of tire choices. First gotta choose wheels.

Good to hear... some feedback I've gotten on the CCM kit is that I'll need to do the UCA's as well or there may be ride issues. I'm trying to avoid tearing too much into the suspension (as least for now) so if I can get away with just the spacers and not swapping the UCA's that would be nice.

One request... Make sure they're TRUCK wheels! That 4x4 needs some beef.

Are they still using Bilsteins on them? You'll want a good shock to handle the extra weight of the wheel and tire as you know.

Sounds like we think alike Dylan. Must be the name! Lol

I too had a truck that was modded, slammed down, and came to a point where I was like I'm either going all the way with this thing or getting something else. And I ended up trading it in on a new truck, something much more practical.

I have never regretted my decision for a sec.

By the way love the new Chevy/gmc trucks.. Good luck with it.

Its really easy to install. Took me about 2 hours to finish it all. IIRC i had to rotate the bolt holes 180* to get it to go back in easily. Don't forget to get it aligned afterwards also. I went to firestone and got lifetime alignment for $115.

Here's an old pic of my truck after I got done leveling it with new wheels and tires.

DSC_0142-1.jpg

lol if ya wait a little while I can get some miles on these and let ya know how they do :) I couldn't pass up the deal on these tires as they were 120 cheaper per tire than the trail grapplers I wanted originally :) I to would like a different wheel but nobody is running the SSS wheel so it different for now:cheers: