Customer Service 866.965.0400

New New Zealander on board

GrpA Calais

So, after browsing all the fantastic info on this site, and of course checking out both Adam's and Junkman's how to video's, I thought I should sign up and introduce myself (and of course, my rides).

I'm Dave, all the way from Thames in New Zealand. Once upon a time... ok, so around 11 years ago, I was a car detailer, but now I build kitchens for a living.

I've still maintained my interest in car detailing, mainly through owning and customising this......

VNRight.jpg

... which is my 1989, Holden VN Calais. Running a Holden 5.0L V8 backed up by a Toyota Supra 5 Speed stick shift (I broke the factory auto, and have always liked doing my own shifting!) Here's a quick pictorial progression.....

Progression.jpg

... I had it painted (and the body kit attached) in December 2005, and through basically being just plain careful, have managed to avoid the need for much in the way of paint correction ever since :glasses:

VNFrontLeft.jpg

Even now, as it sits in my shed with it's first sprinkling of Adam's shine (A hand polish using Swirl & Haze Remover followed by Revive.... but waxed with another brand as Adam's NZ was out of Buttery Wax), it is largely defect free :2thumbs:

The reason I started looking into paint correction is this.......

VZFrontSide.jpg

.... my fiancée (who is from Idaho and thus a US gal born and bred) and I recently bought ourselves a 2004 Holden VZ Commodore, 3.6L V6 auto. These photo's don't really show up the damage.......

VZBackSide.jpg

.... but there are LOADS of swirls, plenty of holograms and a few decent scratches to sort out (wet sanding here we come! Thanks for the refresher vids Junkman!). :pc:

My Porter Cable 7424XP should be here this week (along with a transformer to cut our voltage from 240 to 120 so I can run it :xfingers: ), and hopefully my shipment from Adam's won't be too far behind. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in, and really like the fact that this Forum, and all the how to vids from Adam's and Junkman, are here to help me out if I get stuck.

So, that's my hello.... you've heard of long goodbye's, how about a long hello??

Holden eh??? Never heard of them...:jester::lol:

J/K

New Zealand and Australia are on my "someday" list.

:welcomebanner:

I find that hard to believe after looking at the pics of your ride :rolleyes:;)

Nice VE Commod.... ah, erm.... G8 you've got there! :2thumbs:

Welcome! I have a Holden too!

I see you have good taste in women! lol

Chris

Geeze, those G8's seem to be pretty popular on this forum! The nose takes a bit of getting use to after the one on the VE Commodore, but it don't look to bad at all really. Such a shame about Pontiac though :(

Ah yes, woman, kinda like cars really.... sometimes you just have to import them! :jester:

And the rest of you, thanks for the warm welcome, and glad you like the pics :glasses:

Looks like my PC :pc: just arrived while I was typing this, sweeeeetttt! Better go check it out and see if the voltage converter works :xfingers:

Archived