Customer Service 866.965.0400

Blue Ink On Tan Leather

Hossman

Question

18 answers to this question

Honestly, I don't think it can be removed. Ink is a dye and leather is porous and absorbs the dye. That sucks. About the only thing I might try would be a small amount of comet on a damp cloth. And then wipe it down. Be sure to use Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner on it right after. Hope it works for you.

Hairspray? Well, do it lightly......I learned that hairspray gets ink out pretty good but DON'T mess up your leather. Try in a good hiding spot first and see if it discolors it. If it doesn't work.....I never gave the advice. HAHA I guess it may depend how long it has been on there.

Ever hear of Heloise? Apparently, she's the goddess of cleaning (according to my wife). So I checked her site. Here's the definitive answer.

How can I get ballpoint ink off of my favorite light tan leather purse?

qa_A_57x55.gifThis happens to most of us at one time or another, and it can be a difficult problem. Leather is delicate and needs to be treated carefully -- like your own skin! The Leather Apparel Association does not recommend any home remedies; they may contain harsh chemicals that can damage the leather.

If your purse has a shiny patina or a glossy surface, it's probably been coated and will be easier to treat. Use a commercial product designed specifically for this purpose (available at dry cleaners or shoe-repair shops). Follow the directions carefully and be sure to test in an inconspicuous area first.

You can also try what I do: Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol. It may wipe away the marks.

try a leather cleaner called Lexol it is in an orange bottle and follow it up with a conditioner! I used to use it before I found Adams althogh I have yet to try his interior products however if they are anything like his exterior products I am sure I will be hooked to those as well. Good luck!

try a leather cleaner called Lexol it is in an orange bottle and follow it up with a conditioner! I used to use it before I found Adams althogh I have yet to try his interior products however if they are anything like his exterior products I am sure I will be hooked to those as well. Good luck!

:welcomebanner: Hi Bill! Glad you arrived, and be sure to swing by and introduce yourself here: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

-Your old friend, Adam:thumbsup:

My friend got black ink on his new black cloth seats. I haven't seen it yet but even though it's black on black I'm sure it still stands out like a sore thumb. Is there anyway to get this out? If it's anything like what I've been reading about the leather it seems there may be little hope. :xfingers:

My friend got black ink on his new black cloth seats. I haven't seen it yet but even though it's black on black I'm sure it still stands out like a sore thumb. Is there anyway to get this out? If it's anything like what I've been reading about the leather it seems there may be little hope. :xfingers:

Look at post #9

As with anything try a small area first (even though I have never had any trouble with the DOW scrubbing bubbles removing the color from interior surfaces)

Whoooa! I'd hold off on that stuff, and try a little rubbing alcohol on a mf towel. Do a very small are first, then continue.

Please take before, during, and after photos!

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Whoooa! I'd hold off on that stuff, and try a little rubbing alcohol on a mf towel. Do a very small are first, then continue.

Adam,

You would be amazed at what the scrubbing bubbles will take care of. I have used this stuff for 15 years and it has never failed me, even on the toughest stains.

It's my friend's car but if he wants me to try and get it out I'll take pics. Aww come on Adam don't you want to see what the magic bubbles will do?

I'm sorry Adam no photos, but my friend tried what you suggested and he said now the stain is almost impossible to see. Thanks for the tip I won't forget it.