Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana & Pad Getting Moldy?

I just went to open my container of Americana and just check it out because I'm planning on using it in a couple days, and I notice that there's mold on the wax, and on the pad. Also the pad is starting to break down. It sat for about a month and a half or so with the lid always on tight in a shaded area (my room.) Has anyone ever had this problem before?

you put them back with any water in them? seen that happen to a few people who put them away too fast. I let mine dry for 3 days minimum for this reason cause I dont want them to mold, if you throw them in a plastic bag or airtight thing with water in them still they will just get demolished.

I don't store my applicators in air tight containers. It's a recipe for disaster.

You shouldn't! NO ONE should. You may think you have all the moisture out, but so many have been bit trying it.

I just put them in my pad bin which is just a large plastic Rubbermaid like container. (NOT air tight)

Thanks everyone for your input. The reason why I store the pad inside the container is because that's how it was initially packaged. So I assumed that that's a good way for it to be stored. But it does make sense why I shouldn't now. Is there a way I could rid the mold from the wax itself? I can bite the bullet on an 8 dollar applicator, but I'd rather not spend 70 bucks on a new Americana wax if I don't have to. :help:

Thanks everyone for your input. The reason why I store the pad inside the container is because that's how it was initially packaged. So I assumed that that's a good way for it to be stored. But it does make sense why I shouldn't now. Is there a way I could rid the mold from the wax itself? I can bite the bullet on an 8 dollar applicator, but I'd rather not spend 70 bucks on a new Americana wax if I don't have to. :help:

Just scrape off the part that has it on it.

Oh and I added tags to this thread for easier searching later.

if you want to continue to store it in the container, don't through away that round piece of cardboard paper that separates the 2

I remember when I first opened and used the Americana. I was rubbing the applicator on the top and I'm like WOW people were right it is hard to initially get warmed up.

Yeah, cardboard is definitely hard to get a transfer on to your applicator.

I remember when I first opened and used the Americana. I was rubbing the applicator on the top and I'm like WOW people were right it is hard to initially get warmed up.

Yeah, cardboard is definitely hard to get a transfer on to your applicator.

Yea, but the container of Americana lasts sooo much longer that way! (I did this too :o).

LOL I did that to Matt! Isn't it wax paper though? Kinda felt like it. Anyway I threw it out when I bought it. Whoops.

Is this something I should contact Ashley about? It is kinda my fault, even though I never would have thought this would have happened. :o

LOL I did that to Matt! Isn't it wax paper though? Kinda felt like it. Anyway I threw it out when I bought it. Whoops.

Is this something I should contact Ashley about? It is kinda my fault, even though I never would have thought this would have happened. :o

Use your conscious about this... Can you rightfully blame Adams for this?

Chris

I really can't. And I'm not that worried about it either. It's just the applicator that's shot (Which I already ordered a replacement, along with other stuff today :D.) And the mold on the wax was easily removed. So everything seems to have worked out :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

When I used my Americana for the 1st time a couple weeks ago, I didn't wash the applicator afterwards. When I was done I just popped it back into the container and put the jar back into the fridge.