Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need a new laptop!

jub jub

Lot's of great deals out their Jub,had a Dell and the service sucks so I bought a HP last year,after rebates it came to around $750.

I use it for my CadCam software and I use Vista and have no problems with it:glasses:

That's knd of what was thnkng as well. My wfe does a lot of busness wth Offce Depot and has some dscount credt racked up! :)

FWIW, anything you see at Staples, Office Depot or the likes are going to be of the same caliber. There really is not one that is better than the other. Toshiba has saturated the market with their product although they have a reputation for loosing hard drives. If you want something of better quality, Micron makes a nice series of laptops. Other than that, you'll either spend a lot of money for a higher quality laptop or under a $1000 for your everyday, run of the mill laptop. I know, I fix them all the time.

One thing people don't know is that you get a lot less computer in a laptop than you get with a desktop of equal price. Since I hand build all of my desktop PC's, I can build one heck of a box for a thousand bucks. If you absolutely, positively must be mobile with your computer, then you need a laptop. If not, you are sorely wasting money.

Get a new Macbook for about 1K and then create a second partition on the HD. On that partition you can install windows and have it run natively on the intel chip. Then you effectively have two fast laptops... mac and PC.

It's easy and works like a charm. Let me know if you need more detail on how to do it... I'm sure I can find you a link on the apple website if needed.

Rich

We've been buying the HP Pavilion laptops for our business, and they have been great. $1K buys you a top notch machine at Costco, who incidentally has a great return policy.

I'm typing on this computer now: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11321449&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

I like the big screen, and number pad to the right of the keyboard, so the larger unit works well for me. If you don't use the number keys often, go for a smaller 15.4" screen and unit to save a few lbs!

I've got a few HP's that are 5 years old, one of which my wife uses still with no problems.

My $.02:thumbsup:

Get a new Macbook for about 1K and then create a second partition on the HD. On that partition you can install windows and have it run natively on the intel chip. Then you effectively have two fast laptops... mac and PC.

It's easy and works like a charm. Let me know if you need more detail on how to do it... I'm sure I can find you a link on the apple website if needed.

Rich

That's exactly what I did when I got my macbook. I love OSX but I've used Windows forever and there are just some things that I need Windows to do more effectively

I agree with having the number pad to the right. The other option is to have the numbers hidden of sorts on the keys. I get folks calling me because they are having the wrong characters show up on the screen when they type. They don't realize that this is a built in option. That why I like having the separate section for the numbers. Most people complain about the size of the laptop but I would carry one with a 20" screen if they made them cost effective!

One thing people don't know is that you get a lot less computer in a laptop than you get with a desktop of equal price. Since I hand build all of my desktop PC's, I can build one heck of a box for a thousand bucks. If you absolutely, positively must be mobile with your computer, then you need a laptop. If not, you are sorely wasting money.

:iagree::iagree:

Junkman-did you know I can build them too!! :banana::banana: I just suck at the trouble shooting part if someone hacks into it and screw things up.

I have a great HP laptop that runs VISTA and I have never had any problems. I take it with me when I travel or like now when I am sitting in the living room watching drag racing and surfing the net.

:iagree::iagree:

Junkman-did you know I can build them too!! :banana::banana: I just suck at the trouble shooting part if someone hacks into it and screw things up.

I have a great HP laptop that runs VISTA and I have never had any problems. I take it with me when I travel or like now when I am sitting in the living room watching drag racing and surfing the net.

Well Teresa, you know that you have the green light for free email support by just dropping a line to The PC Surgeon. I've even had the pleasure of getting Adam up and going with a small issue. :2thumbs:

Now get back in the bar. You just got called grandma! :lol:

Well Teresa, you know that you have the green light for free email support by just dropping a line to The PC Surgeon. I've even had the pleasure of getting Adam up and going with a small issue. :2thumbs:

Now get back in the bar. You just got called grandma! :lol:

Hey AJ

I didn't know you were a doctor, I thought you just played one on TV :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with those that said MAC, you can even get cheaper ones that are refurbished. No viruses, and never has frozen on me, I never NEEDED to restart it, only for updates. I love my MAC, no lie it takes some time to get use to, but once you do you will find that it is super easy and just an all around good design. My .02