Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine sealant

Theis

Question

You can put QS on top of MSS, well at least I have after the 12 hr cure time for MSS. :thumbsup:

On my car I didn't really see much difference but do like the QS especially for the leading edges of the car (for bug removal reasons).

Since MSS lasts longer than QS, I wouldn't put the longer lasting MSS on top of the shorter life QS.

:cheers:

When you say layer sealant, do you mean putting two or more coats of the "same" sealant on? Or, getting back to my original question, can one layer two "different" sealants.

Not sure what that would produce but was curious about it.

Chewy had been putting 2 layers of MSS on his G8 for winter protection, but I believe he has switched to QS, but I don't remember if he is layering that.

You can layer sealant

Tks Jay. I remember reading a post a long time ago where somebody stated that you can do a number of different things with different products - you don't always have to follow every instruction - or words to that effect.

Now I know what I can or can't do. :cheers:

You can put QS on top of MSS, well at least I have after the 12 hr cure time for MSS. :thumbsup:

On my car I didn't really see much difference but do like the QS especially for the leading edges of the car (for bug removal reasons).

Since MSS lasts longer than QS, I wouldn't put the longer lasting MSS on top of the shorter life QS.

:cheers:

Got it. Even though the MSS last longer, I can't seem to quit using the QS. To me it's just a great product.

Chewy had been putting 2 layers of MSS on his G8 for winter protection, but I believe he has switched to QS, but I don't remember if he is layering that.

I've doubled up with the QS on both vehicles. Getting ready to do a thorough summer detail on both and think I will try a double of the QS on my RAM and then a double of the MSS on the Mercedes. :pc:

I MSS'd my Mustang two weeks ago and washed it for the first time yesterday. Yes, it stayed clean for two weeks! Even with a couple rain storms! I can't tell you how happy I am with this product. I've tried out all the hyped up posts about doing this and that, layering this over that. You know ... using the blue stuff first then the FMP or vice versa, followed by the glaze then Americana. The FMP followed by the MSS followed by the Americana a week later....I bought them all and tried them all.

Truth is, this time, all I did was wash the car with Adams Shampoo, clay with Adams clay, a quick pass of FMP then the MSS. My car never looked wetter and glossier, using this straightforward, simple method. And it didn't take me 5 days to detail the car either. The MSS is so darn easy to apply and the secret I've found out is to not let it sit on the car doing one panel at a time then wiping off. It just looks fantastic. Again apologize for the no pics. I'm tech stupid. I used to use photobucket but they blocked it on our computers. DRAT!

The G8 sits outside ALL day at work and has 2 coats back to back of AQS.

I used the MSS on the boat and wave runner though. Works AMAZINGLY well for that. Lasts and lasts too!

Chris

I MSS'd my Mustang two weeks ago and washed it for the first time yesterday. Yes, it stayed clean for two weeks! Even with a couple rain storms! I can't tell you how happy I am with this product. I've tried out all the hyped up posts about doing this and that, layering this over that. You know ... using the blue stuff first then the FMP or vice versa, followed by the glaze then Americana. The FMP followed by the MSS followed by the Americana a week later....I bought them all and tried them all.

Truth is, this time, all I did was wash the car with Adams Shampoo, clay with Adams clay, a quick pass of FMP then the MSS. My car never looked wetter and glossier, using this straightforward, simple method. And it didn't take me 5 days to detail the car either. The MSS is so darn easy to apply and the secret I've found out is to not let it sit on the car doing one panel at a time then wiping off. It just looks fantastic. Again apologize for the no pics. I'm tech stupid. I used to use photobucket but they blocked it on our computers. DRAT!

Thinking of heading in this direction as well. I will ask this, do you do entire car then take off as I didn't quite get what you saying about one panel.

Sounds like you have decreased the process time wise. However I am a little confused about what you said here: "the secret I've found out is to not let it sit on the car doing one panel at a time then wiping off. .

If you don't mind, could you please explain that. Many Tks.

As far as glaze and Americana, I don't wait at all. Apply glaze, buff off, apply Americana, buff off. Commence face melting.

Remotely posted by XQIZT Automotive

I didn't know how serious this was until I did it myself....

Spreadin pimpin mobile from tapa son...

Sounds like you have decreased the process time wise. However I am a little confused about what you said here: "the secret I've found out is to not let it sit on the car doing one panel at a time then wiping off. .

If you don't mind, could you please explain that. Many Tks.

:confused: Yea, I'm interested in the same thing. Little confused as to what you are talking about. :D

If MSS is hard to buff/wipe off then it was too thick in that area. It only needs just a thin enough layer that you know it's on the panel.

I coat the entire vehicle and then start my 20-30 minute countdown (depending on ambient temperature) once done. I'll then dress the undercarriage, tires & address whatever other little details that need attention. Sometimes my client might be watching and they are amazed at how easy MSS buffs/wipes off.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2