Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine sealant

Theis

Question

Yes, the MSW takes some time to cure on the finish. Once that 12 hr time period is finished, you can put the buttery on it. Even put buttery over it on the following weekend, if you like. Often I can only get the MSW on and drive it, so I will top it the following weekend (after a good wash and dry, of course). :D

Edit: Myself, I top it with BG and then Americana for the look.

Edited by Doug123

Yep! I never top right away... I just wait till after the next wash. Buttery is a great wax, but really isn't needed on top of MSS unless you're using the fillers in it to hide some flaws.

Chris

in the adams instructional vids i dont recall them mentioning a 12-24 hour wait period to add buttery or Americana to the macine super wax? gonna go back and watch the vids to double check but if the experts say so then i shall follow what they say :)

in the adams instructional vids i dont recall them mentioning a 12-24 hour wait period to add buttery or Americana to the macine super wax? gonna go back and watch the vids to double check but if the experts say so then i shall follow what they say :)

We ARE the experts! ;)

says it on the bottle. So Adams does say it. Maybe not so much in the vids though. :thumbsup:

I just wait till after the next wash.

BINGO! you don't have to do it all in one session... apply the MSS after the initial detail. The following weekend (or next free day you have) give it a wash/dry then apply Buttery.

says it on the bottle. So Adams does say it. Maybe not so much in the vids though. :thumbsup:

Correct... the videos are never intended to replace the act of reading the instructions. I know we live in a world where no one wants to read the directions, but you really should. :D

So, If you want to put the glaze followed by americana does this mean that you need to do another waterless wash the next day? So many steps, what do people do in the field when detailing other people's cars.

In a case where you don't have the time/ability to wait the 12-24 hours quick sealant would be the better option.

So if one was to flip this situation around and use the MSS "first," wait the required amount of time, could you then put QS over it. Or can you use QS and then apply the MSS?

Additionally, regardless of what you put down first and then applied second, would that give you a better shine?

The sealants will give you protection. Polishing gives you shine.

(ok, done channeling Junkman)

(ok, done channeling Junkman) ?????????????????? Meaning?

Use this YouTube channel wisely my friend

And your Point - My Friend????????????????????????

The JunkMan often emphasizes the jobs of each of the detailing chemicals used. Sealants protect the paint. That's it. That is its job. Protect the paint.

I look at it this way:

Polishes: Fixes paint (smoothing out/correcting swirls etc.)

Sealants: Puts a coat on the now perfect paint so that future damage won't ensue

Glazes: Adds wet-look and some micro filling properties

Waxes: Final step of protection and adds gloss to look

Edited by camaro

The JunkMan often emphasizes the jobs of each of the detailing chemicals used. Sealants protect the paint. That's it. That is its job. Protect the paint.

I look at it this way:

Polishes: Fixes paint (smoothing out/correcting swirls etc.)

Sealants: Puts a coat on the now perfect paint so that future damage won't ensue

Glazes: Adds wet-look and some micro filling properties

Waxes: Final step of protection and adds gloss to look

Thank you. I realize that but I have never, until tonight, gave any thought as to what would happen if you put one sealant down and then the other on top. And then flip that around at a later day - another detail. Curious as to what would happen is all I was asking.

Thank you. I realize that but I have never, until tonight, gave any thought as to what would happen if you put one sealant down and then the other on top. And then flip that around at a later day - another detail. Curious as to what would happen is all I was asking.

You can layer sealant

You can layer sealant

When you say layer sealant, do you mean putting two or more coats of the "same" sealant on? Or, getting back to my original question, can one layer two "different" sealants.

Not sure what that would produce but was curious about it.