Customer Service 866.965.0400

you guys should seriously consider shipping via UPS. i understand that i selected basic ground on my order.. the chepaest and slowest...BUT i also ordered a package from texas the same day (may 1) and it arrived saturday and I was charged a dollar less.. fed ex still is predicted to be here till tommorrow....maybe..

just sayin... love the product, hate the wait.

thats the point.. my point in the last thread.. that was so kindly CLOSED instead of moved.. was that bottom dollar shipping fedex vs ups.. Ups is faster. ups also delivers on Saturday. fedex does not. two orders..both picked up via trackign software may 1 within 20 minutes of each other.. WITH BOTH USING THE SLOWEST CHEAPEST SHIPPING OFFERED

Henderson Colorado ---> Goldsboro NC 1,733.5 mi Fedex Cost 9.00

Fort Davis TX ---> Goldsboro NC 1,754 UPS Cost UPS Cost 7.80

Fedex...still not arrived.. probably wont till tommorrow (6 days so far)

UPS.. showed up saturday before lunch..4 days delivered.

so mr MOOT@ADAMS.. UPS is the faster route.. perhaps instead of saying "well you choose the slowest blah blah blah." you offer your customers a choice. or even better.. appologize and say, were sorry its taking so long, hopefully your next order will arrive faster.. (customer is always right you know)

i wasnt orginally complaining in the first post anyways, you just happen to think that i was. i was only giving you information that may be valuble.

Hey James,

Just pulled up your account to see what was really going on with your order b/c often times when I hear things like this its because the expectations for what the customer selected were unrealistic.

You placed your order at 4:21 local time on Monday 4/30 so it missed the shipping cut off by a little bit. As a result it shipped out on Tuesday 5/1.

You selected the FedEx SmartPost option - which as indicated at the very top of the checkout page where you made that choice, takes 5-10 business days to arrive:

IMPORTANT! FedEx SmartPost transit times are typically 5 to 10 business days within the contiguous U.S., based on the final destination ZIP code. FedEx SmartPost packages are delivered by USPS.

Looking at the tracking the package was picked up on 5/1 at our warehouse and made it to your local FedEx hub on Friday 5/4. Given that smartpost packages are processed during business days it stayed at that status until this morning where the transition to the USPS occurred and shows a delivery scheduled for 5/10, Thursday this week.

So from the point of processing (5/1) to the point of delivery (5/10) the shipment will take in total 8 business days to arrive, well within what our site says it will.

I apologize if you're frustrated with the delivery times, but again, the site clearly states the times. If you need a guaranteed delivery or want your order faster the best option is to take ground shipping for a few dollars more. As you can see based on the map below you'd have received your order in 4 days on that Friday:

FedEx%20Ground%20Time%20in%20Transit%20Map.png

Based on your order, the smart post option was $8.96 to your door, while ground would have only cost you FedEx Home Delivery $11.90. A difference of $2.94 for it to arrive in half the time. Again, comparing a UPS ground shipment from Texas to NC isn't really fair against a SmartPost shipment from Colorado to NC. Differences in distance and type of shipping make it an unequal comparison. For sake of argument I punched up a shipment calculation on UPS's site for a package of the same weight going from our zip to yours and was returned a price quote of $13.

Again, truly sorry it wasn't as fast as you'd hoped. If in the future you want to place an order and aren't clear as to when something might arrive feel free to reach out to me before chekcout and I'll give you the breakdown of when to expect your shipment based on the various options.

my pm to dylan...

im not arguing about shipping times man.. im not complaining or saying it should be faster. it says 5 - 10 days.. Thats fine!!! if its not here in the 10th day THEN we will have a problem.. Im only saying that UPS is cheaper and faster, and you might think about offering the option. thats all.

its really not a big deal that its not here.. its cool its within the window.. that dont bother me..the 11th day will be the issue lol.

We deal here with UPS issues A LOT. We were just talking about it today and I commented that one of our largest vendors should look at trying Fedex. Overall, we have better luck with them not trashing the shipments.

Adams DID use UPS until they moved to CO. Fedex was cheaper and they have a lower failure rate. Two things that are HUGE to a internet based business.

Chris

Also, there are Authorized Dealers in multiple states. You might be able to pick your products up from there and save on shipping if you have one close. Thompson Racing is in Pennsylvania which is only a few states away from you. Maybe it might be better for you to go that route...

i have used UPS exclusively to ship VERY expensive VERY sensitive parts and i have NEVER had a problem. maybe its becuase i use a distribution hub directly.. i dont know (its like 30 minutes from my house) but i have never once had an issue.

i have used UPS exclusively to ship VERY expensive VERY sensitive parts and i have NEVER had a problem. maybe its becuase i use a distribution hub directly.. i dont know (its like 30 minutes from my house) but i have never once had an issue.

You're in the minority... We ship and receive millions of dollars a year with them and have issues all the time.

Heck, we took one of our computers directly to the hub because we thought we'd not chance it going from here in the local truck to the hub. It went missing before even shipping... It's been 2 years and NOTHING! There's 2500 bucks down the drain.

Chris

Fact is that when we were a UPS user we had MUCH higher damage rates on our delivery and an unacceptable level of 'lost in transit' issues.

After switching to FedEx we've seen our loss/damage rate go down to < 1% which is phenomenal. As we are trying to deliver a premium product, with premium services, we want to make sure it all arrives intact. Nothing more disappointing than waiting for an order and having it show up smashed, leaking, or otherwise ruined.

It may not be our 'fault' if a package arrives damaged, but the perception is that its partly our responsibility.

Also, as I replied to in your PM -

Calculating a shipment of the same size/weight via UPS going from our warehouse to your address comes out at $16.09 retail... figure if we were a UPS account we'd get about 20% off that rate for volume which would be about $13+/-... still higher than FedEx ground in this case which returned a rate for you of around $11. Both of which would have delivered to you in 4 business days.

Fact is that when we were a UPS user we had MUCH higher damage rates on our delivery and an unacceptable level of 'lost in transit' issues.

After switching to FedEx we've seen our loss/damage rate go down to < 1% which is phenomenal. As we are trying to deliver a premium product, with premium services, we want to make sure it all arrives intact. Nothing more disappointing than waiting for an order and having it show up smashed, leaking, or otherwise ruined.

It may not be our 'fault' if a package arrives damaged, but the perception is that its partly our responsibility.

Also, as I replied to in your PM -

Calculating a shipment of the same size/weight via UPS going from our warehouse to your address comes out at $16.09 retail... figure if we were a UPS account we'd get about 20% off that rate for volume which would be about $13+/-... still higher than FedEx ground in this case which returned a rate for you of around $11.

hey if it makes dollars it makes sense. i aint mad at cha for a business decision. We recieve ALL of our japanese Bike part orders via UPS and ship all online orders via ups as well.. and like i said.. only once or twice can i remember something going missing, and ive never had a package get damaged. other than the occasional box fighting scar.

its cool..it will be here tommorrow and ill use it all up. and order more :lol:

is there a local dealer in NC?

Yes... Richard is one of our longest tenured distributors. Great guy to work with, he even comes out to a lot of our shows to assist with demos.

Give him a call anytime you need something local.

Richard Kashinsky

East Coast Distributor

West Jefferson, NC 28694

(336) 408-4433

richardk@skybest.com

i think this is the catch-22. people want the cheapest and fastest delivery possible and could careless about loss rate.....until it's THIER order that get loss.

:help:

Archived