Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex Machine as your FIRST polisher.

skillzo1

Question

Well i bought a bunch of hand polishing stuff only to return it, UNOPENED of course. I returned it cause i would like to get the flex machine kit. I know NOTHING about Polishing, i barely know anything about hand polishing lol. I just know i waxed the crap out of my car and there is still swirls. To remove them, i'm reading i need a polisher. So why not get the best, wich seems to be the Flex Machine.

Any thoughts?

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

As a beginer I suggest using the pC and get fimilar with polishing before jumping to a more powerful machine like the flex or rotary. PC is impossible to burn your paint, the flex you can and when you do burn your paint..your loking at big bucks to repaint

If your car has a harder clear coat I would definitely start with the Flex. If I recall another post of yours, you have a BMW. I haven't worked on an M3 but believe they have a fairly hard clear coat.

The PC and Flex and similar machines but the nuances in technique between the two is quite different. There is a general consensus that everyone should start with the PC7424XP and "graduate" to the Flex 3401VRG. I don't agree with that viewpoint.

I started with the PC7424XP and now have both machines. They each fit a need. (My PC7424XP is now finding it is become a dedicated 4" focus pad machine) Sure the PC7424XP can be used to to a full paint correction but it is so much slower and I really don't want to spend 2 to 3 times as long to get the job done on a typical car.

The only thing that I can really say that I like about having used the PC7424XP first is that it makes me appreciate the Flex3401VRG so much more!

Just take your time learning the tool, science and art form in polishing. Keep your pads flat against the paint, avoid any edges, avoid working in full sun and you will love the Flex3401VRG.

:cheers:

I just bought my first polisher and decided to go with the Flex. Haven't gotten to use it yet but some people around here say it isnt that bad. As long as you take your time and be careful I dont see how you would have any problems.

I just bought my first polisher and decided to go with the Flex. Haven't gotten to use it yet but some people around here say it isnt that bad. As long as you take your time and be careful I dont see how you would have any problems.

Yep! Knowing what I know now and having used rotaries in the past, I would buy a Flex if I did it again. I now have both and mainly use the Flex. I am busy with work and a 19 month old and don't want to spend hours polishing.

Chris

The Flex is so easy to use, smoother quieter and results come alot quicker then the PC. The only thing i use the PC now for is the 4" focus pads. The new 4.5" kit for the flex is releasing soon (non adams) and once i get my hands on that ill probably sell the PC.

The flex is a Lamborghini and the PC is more of an *old* Kia :D

Yes i do have an m3. Remember, i've never used a polisher before. So i don't want to burn my paint. But i also don't want to buy the pc use it twice and want to upgrade to the flex. Is the flex really that bad, and different from the pc, in terms of messing up the paint?

If your car has a harder clear coat I would definitely start with the Flex. If I recall another post of yours, you have a BMW. I haven't worked on an M3 but believe they have a fairly hard clear coat.

The PC and Flex and similar machines but the nuances in technique between the two is quite different. There is a general consensus that everyone should start with the PC7424XP and "graduate" to the Flex 3401VRG. I don't agree with that viewpoint.

I started with the PC7424XP and now have both machines. They each fit a need. (My PC7424XP is now finding it is become a dedicated 4" focus pad machine) Sure the PC7424XP can be used to to a full paint correction but it is so much slower and I really don't want to spend 2 to 3 times as long to get the job done on a typical car.

The only thing that I can really say that I like about having used the PC7424XP first is that it makes me appreciate the Flex3401VRG so much more!

Just take your time learning the tool, science and art form in polishing. Keep your pads flat against the paint, avoid any edges, avoid working in full sun and you will love the Flex3401VRG.

:cheers:

Thanks for the comments and opinions guys. I really don't want to buy the pc, then use it twice and want to buy the flex. But then again, i really don't want to burn through my paint. I DON"T THINK I WILL, BUT, you never know. Seems like if i keep my pad flat, and keep it moving, i shouldn't have that problem of burning the paint.

I watched the adams videos comparing, and they don't seem that much different on how user friendly it is with rookie users.

Buy the Flex... Watch all the videos and LOVE it. You'd have to hold it in one place of a VERY long time to cause any really bad damage.

Chris

This is what i'm thinking.

Not that i don't appreciate others people opinions, but i just don't want to use it twice, maybe even once, then say, i shoulda got the flex.

Can you elaborate a lil more. Sorry im a noob, and can use all the pointers i can get.

Sharp corners or bends can burn through faster no matter what tool you use.

The Flex and rotary going to be more susceptible to causing it.

Watch the HECK out of the videos and take it slow.

i just bought the pc last month and have used it twice. i had no previous experience machine polishing. i was also debating the pc vs the flex. worried that the pc wouldn't be enough but i used it on my lady's severally swirled g6 and i was more than impressed. i also go the 4" kit too so i figure once i cut my teeth with the pc at least i will still have it to use the 4" pads as i do plan on everntually upgrading to the flex. i have no regets getting the pc

In theory you should only need to PC one time, and then follow proper wash techniques and it will not need correcting again.

In the real world "stuff" happens and you may need to correct it again. However, if you use proper wash techniques, your bi-annual correction should only require FMP, which can be done with either machine.

If you are comfortable with power tools the Flex should be fine. I started with the PC due to price, and after 4 years still do not have a Flex, although I have used them several times and do plan to get one in the future.

OR i can go pc and get the 4" pads and adaptor for about the same price as the flex. Itll be nice to get it them tight areas with ease. Dah decisions.

exactly what i did...couldn't be happier!

gotta crawl before you walk

I bought the PC and will be using it this weekend, I also bought the GG 3" polisher for trim and my motorcycle. I will probably get the 4" pads for the PC soon as well. Although the Flex might be quicker...like someone stated that you should not need to be using the polisher often with good washing technique. (two bucket wash)

I am going to get proficient with the PC and maybe later don the road get the flex...maybe not.:pc:

I purchased a PC a couple months ago and I already want the FLEX...bad! I find myself doing way more corrective details than I anticipated. So for me to do a corrective detail which requires SSR + an interior detail it takes more time than what I know it will with a FLEX. Being that time is money, purchasing a FLEX is a no-brainer for me. My priority is for business purposes. If I were just correcting my own vehicle then I'd be happy with just a PC.

Just more food for thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I just watched Adam's new video and he says the Flex can correct in 1/3 or sometimes 20% of the time compared to the PC7424XP.

I have a 7424XP and really hate the noise/vibrations and looking to upgrade. So how does the flex save time? Fewer passes? Right now I normally do 5-8 passes per section. Does using FLEX mean doing less passes since it oscillates faster at speed 5-6 compared to the same 5-6 on the 7424xp?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTitYRWZ7jQ]Adam's Polishes Vol. 7 - Flex Machine Polishing - 2012 UPDATE - YouTube[/ame]

I just watched Adam's new video and he says the Flex can correct in 1/3 or sometimes 20% of the time compared to the PC7424XP.

I have a 7424XP and really hate the noise/vibrations and looking to upgrade. So how does the flex save time? Fewer passes? Right now I normally do 5-8 passes per section. Does using FLEX mean doing less passes since it oscillates faster at speed 5-6 compared to the same 5-6 on the 7424xp?

The reason if because the Flex uses forced rotation where the PC is not...which is why it takes a lot less time.