Customer Service 866.965.0400

Have any of you done this??? LOL

crowvet

So today, I am driving through our home town and I see two car washes going on to raise money for great causes. I am feeling happy to see the enthusiasm these young people Have for life. As I sit at the light all I could think about was the horrific damage they were doing to the cars they were washing:willy: My car was extremely dirty so I figured what the heck, so I pulled in to the car wash and gave them $10 and said I didn't need my car washed:lol:

So today, I am driving through our home town and I see two car washes going on to raise money for great causes. I am feeling happy to see the enthusiasm these young people Have for life. As I sit at the light all I could think about was the horrific damage they were doing to the cars they were washing:willy: My car was extremely dirty so I figured what the heck, so I pulled in to the car wash and gave them $10 and said I didn't need my car washed:lol:

That was kind of you. :thumbsup: great idea, and great to support some local kids that are out there making the effort for their cause. I bet they remember that gesture for a long time. :patriot:

That was kind of you. :thumbsup: great idea, and great to support some local kids that are out there making the effort for their cause. I bet they remember that gesture for a long time. :patriot:

There was teen group doing a charity car wash this weekend at an Advanced Auto parts place (shares lot with a Walmart).

They had a pressure washer but not being used at the time. I had seen a set up here before and an adult was running the pw then.

There were or 5 holding signs and making noise (hollering) as you drive through the parking lot and heard them say they just accept donations.

I have taken 'sacrificial' cars to them (we live close to the airport, so relatives will leave their cars with us, and they return to a clean car!), but usually just donate $5 to have them NOT wash my car.

We have a lot of those around here. I'd donate what I have and keep moving. Keep that grunge sponge and mud water away from my car. You can get swirls just by getting to close!

I haven't done it but it's a great idea...my thoughts are the same of yours I am always scared to death of the damage those washes will do, so I just can't bring myself to let them touch my car.

Archived