Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about the application of Quick Sealant

Bandit

Question

I have been using Adam's products for a few years now and love everything I have tried ! (Detail Spray, Buttery Wax, VRT, Leather Conditioner, Revive Polish and all the TOWELS are WONDERFUL !)

I have a new Camaro and just put some Buttery Wax on it a few weeks ago and now I read about this Quick Sealant, I got some in the mail a few days ago and I want to try it specifically on the front end to keep bugs from sticking.

Since I have already waxed it I know I won't get the perfect adhesion....but I was wondering if it would be OK to apply it with the applicator instead of spraying it on ?.......Since I'm just doing a small area (the front bumper is small)....I'd rather use the applicator as opposed to spraying it if that would be ok ?

Thanks for the help and the GREAT products !

17 answers to this question

Being the first time I ever use it I was not wanting to get it all over the grill and headlights and everything.....Just kinda testing it out on the bumper.

I wasn't sure if it would spread smoothly without spraying it on....All that over spray in the video makes me nervous about spraying it...lol...(especially if I'm only doing it on the bumper).

Then spray on an applicator and rub it on ... not a big deal

Okay cool.....Thanks I was just making sure you would get a good smooth coating that way :)

Anytime I use anything new I'm a little leery at first :)

Then spray on an applicator and rub it on ... not a big deal

This works fine... I do this many times when applying to just the nose and side view mirrors on the cars. If the applicator gets too dry you can feel it in the applicator movement.

:welcomebanner:

I do very little 'fogging' with the Quick Sealant. Pretty much only on areas where its easier to do that then fine work with the app. On big flat areas I spray the app and spread. Conserves product and reduces overspray loss.

Like my front grill (which is fake chrome and honeycomb patterned) I just fog it, but on the bumper I spray on the app.

I do very little 'fogging' with the Quick Sealant. Pretty much only on areas where its easier to do that then fine work with the app. On big flat areas I spray the app and spread. Conserves product and reduces overspray loss.

Like my front grill (which is fake chrome and honeycomb patterned) I just fog it, but on the bumper I spray on the app.

Ditto! Great stuff too!!!

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

I suppose you could, but why wouldn't you use the little extra if it really is that small?

Also, the QS will last only as long as the buttery will last.

I know what you mean, but to clear it for NooBs he means layering the sealant on a carnauba wax means that it'll only last as long as the wax does or even less so. AQS by itself lasts considerably longer than Buttery when applied to bare paint.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

The spray is fairly accurate and doesn't really spread that much, but I have applied it to my grill and even then plastic molding, and it doesn't affect it, it works great and looks great. I would just spray it, the applicator will get a build up of the sealant as you do larger areas of the car. But a little does go a long way.

Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone on their help with the Quick Sealant.

I used it Sunday for the first time it's every bit as good as advertised !

I have always been so impressed with how slick a car is after you wax it with the Buttery Wax....but after this Quick Sealant it's MUCH more slick....there is no way bugs could stick to it now.....Heck I wouldn't be surprised that dust wouldn't stick to it either !

I'll be using this all the time now ! (probably on the whole car).

I was surprised at how easy it was to apply and how great it turned out....nothing to be scared of at all !

One thing I was curious about.......

How long can I expect the sealant to last with it over the wax......versus.....this fall when I put the sealant on....then the wax ?

The car is always garage kept and gets washed about once a month or so and doesn't get driven in the rain but a few times a year.....I wax with the Buttery Wax twice a year.....the next time I wax this fall I will put the sealant on first....then the buttery wax.

Thanks !