Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do We All Have A Sickness?

PrinceValium

Question

I swear now that I have detailed a car for the first time....everywhere I go all I see is a sea of cars that need swirl remover! It is so bad that I even have my wife seeing the same thing since detailing her car, she would say oh that black paint job is in dire need! Do we all just have a sickness for detailing forever now??? :willy::willy::help:

:willy:I prefer to think of it as everyone else is crazy were the sane ones!

Lol I agree! People are crazy that they don't take care of their cars/trucks.

I saw a rolls Royce today dirty as hell with brake dust caked on the wheels. Looks as if they haven't washed it in months!

I swear now that I have detailed a car for the first time....everywhere I go all I see is a sea of cars that need swirl remover! It is so bad that I even have my wife seeing the same thing since detailing her car, she would say oh that black paint job is in dire need! Do we all just have a sickness for detailing forever now??? :willy::willy::help:

Do you even have to ask? I saw this red Suzuki a couple of Saturdays ago. Most of it was begging for some Adam's polishes. The rear bumper and some of the lower sections had some shine but the rest was heavily oxidized.

Do you even have to ask? I saw this red Suzuki a couple of Saturdays ago. Most of it was begging for some Adam's polishes. The rear bumper and some of the lower sections had some shine but the rest was heavily oxidized.

That's just WRONG...you be illin'! :pc:

You guys have to see my mom's car...it has to be the WORST car paint out there I am not kidding!!! The paint is so bad in the roof and the hood, truck when I wipe my finger across it there is a black residue on my finger. (the car is black) It looks like it has been in the junkyard for decades!! I sat there thinking hmm...maybe I can bring it back. :banana::lol::rockon:

Speaking of sickness, I'm about to walk next door and start washing, clawing, polishing, my next door neighbors car. I can't take it much longer. :help:

They have a 2011 Pearl Red Chevy Cruze. They bought it last year and I don't think it's ever been washed. The amount of dirt on there is just sad for a brand new car. I have to look at it every time I'm at my kitchen sink looking out the window.

So who has the sickness here.......me for losing my mind very soon, or him for buying a new nice red car and acting like he's a honey badger :lolsmack:

sickness? when i ordered my Focus last year, i told the dealership NOT to touch the car whatsoever. the plastic was still on the wheels & seats & everything! they had strict orders not to remove anything, not to put a dealer badge, & NOT to prep the car. i will do the first wash & wax.:rockon:

sickness? when i ordered my Focus last year, i told the dealership NOT to touch the car whatsoever. the plastic was still on the wheels & seats & everything! they had strict orders not to remove anything, not to put a dealer badge, & NOT to prep the car. i will do the first wash & wax.:rockon:

Yep you have it bad.:agree:

We were somewhere today and my wife's black G37 with a film of dirt on it, still outshines everything parked around it! She was surrounded by swirled cars!

Rob, if you notice swirls on other cars that's one thing. When the lovely Mrs. does the same then yes, there is a sickness involved. :willy: My wife wants to print up cards for me but I'm not sure I want to detail more than I already do. BTW: Early this morning I was behind and then along side a black 2012 CTS4 coupe. The paint was immaculate but the rear window on the inside was filthy. That did it for me, I lost all respect for whomever maintains that car.

Rob, if you notice swirls on other cars that's one thing. When the lovely Mrs. does the same then yes, there is a sickness involved. :willy: My wife wants to print up cards for me but I'm not sure I want to detail more than I already do. BTW: Early this morning I was behind and then along side a black 2012 CTS4 coupe. The paint was immaculate but the rear window on the inside was filthy. That did it for me, I lost all respect for whomever maintains that car.

Yeah that would be crazy to have the paint detailed and not clean the inside...especially the windows. My wife will not even use her wipers because it leaves that line where the wipers stop on the windshield. So when the bugs hit it she would rather drive with them on there and that drives me crazy...I hate looking through bugs.

YES, we do. I had a moment Sat. after I had just washed and waxed the wife's Vue, I was driving it back to her at work and got stopped by a train. I was the first car at the crossing and all I could think about was all the rail dust that was falling on the car. Especially since the weekend before I did a full detail on the car.

I think most people, just I used to be, are oblivious to how badly swirls take away from the looks of their paint. I used to use a spray on wax that would hide the swirls and I thought that was good enough. I had no idea just how good the paint could look.

After watching the videos from Junkman and Gary Dean...my outlook on paint has been forever changed.

My wife laughs at me because I point out other cars at the stoplights. Especially black ones....

LOL I do it all the time now!! Especially with black paint (since my wife's G37 is black). My wife is doing it too...so I am kind of laughing on the inside. She thought I would buy all this stuff and quit after seeing how much work is involved.

NOT....I really like doing it and the satisfaction of making the paint completely change and seeing the faces of the ones that saw it before hand is priceless!! (especially my own face)

This is the first sickness I am actually enjoying. :thumbsup:

You know, there are people who go to museums, galleries, shows and athletic events, etc. and really try to experience new things. And all I do is spend my free time in my garage rubbing on my cars, staring at the shine, day after day after day...

Oh well.... nobody's forcing them!

Do we have a sickness???? My wife will tell you I do, and that I spend way too much money. But she likes the results. She doesn't know about the Flex that I bought a while back, yet. Iam sure when I break that out Iam going to hear "when did you get that tool?". I always do. It can be something that I have had for a long time, but she hasn't taken notice. I will just tell her it was in one of the several boxes that she brought in off the porch recently. :lol:

Do we have a sickness???? My wife will tell you I do, and that I spend way too much money. But she likes the results. She doesn't know about the Flex that I bought a while back, yet. Iam sure when I break that out Iam going to hear "when did you get that tool?". I always do. It can be something that I have had for a long time, but she hasn't taken notice. I will just tell her it was in one of the several boxes that she brought in off the porch recently. :lol:

LOL I am contemplating doing that very same thing. I have been thinking hard about the Flex lately and I am wondering how I am going to get it without her knowing about it. :lolsmack: After all I follow the motto: It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! I did hint today that Adams is having a Father's Day sale and she said you haven't gotten all you needed yet?...I said um no not even close!

MadAboutDetailing: I now do the same thing...when we drive by the carwash I say to myself Don't Do It People!

To this day I have NEVER actually washed any of my motorcycles. I would always use the spray on wax/cleaner and thought it was doing just fine. After I learned about paint correction and swirls...I now look at it in a whole new light. It is still waiting for me to detail it (it is black) and I will say that I will give it it's first wash very soon.

Ok now...I was thinking about splitting the bill on two credit cards that way it is less noticeable! Hmmmm...:glasses:

I just dropped the SS off at the body shop yesterday, after a lengthy explanation and inspection of the finish on it the write up girl understood my point that it better come back in the same condition.

Now as for the sickness, well the rental is in the shop in back of my store right now, waiting on its base quick detail. Yes I'm going to detail my RENTAL so I would say yes I have a sickness.

hahaha! I've given rentals the wash/clay/wax treatment before, but never done a full detail! When I did that to the rental, my wife just shook her head.

I was talking to some people on the F150 forum I am on and one of the guys on there said he talked to a body shop that told him they could have his car done in an hour!! I thought hmm...wash, clay, AND paint correction in only an hour???? NOT!!!!:loser: I told him don't take his car there.

Archived