Customer Service 866.965.0400

Here for a while...

Chewy

I just took delivery of my new car yesterday so I will be starting from scratch with Adam's car care. I used a bit of the Buttery wax and polishing cloths last night after debadging it and really liked the results. :)

Thanks for a great forum!

Cheers

A brand new vehicle deserves a good clay bar treatment to get rid of all the rail dust and other contaminents on the paint. That was the first thing I did to my truck and to the Wife's car the weekend after we brought them home.

I was amazed at how much junk was on the paint on a new vehicle. The clay bar took it all off.

• 4 weeks later...
A brand new vehicle deserves a good clay bar treatment to get rid of all the rail dust and other contaminents on the paint. That was the first thing I did to my truck and to the Wife's car the weekend after we brought them home.

I was amazed at how much junk was on the paint on a new vehicle. The clay bar took it all off.

Done! Been a bit since I was on here but I took the car from the dealer AS IS with no clean up. All they did was pull off the plastic protectors and the wood blocks from the springs. I had to do the complete detail from head to toe.

Basically it went like this...

Wash car top to bottom twice, get out 3M adhesive remover (DAMN that stuff rocks!) and remove all the adhesive left over from the plastic they removed plus the GM chick-lets on the front fenders. Then I clayed the entire car top to bottom, then went around removing any blemishes I found like bird poop (burns) as I call them which is basically a small etch spot in the paint. Then I went around with my Adam's buttery wax and finished her off. Wheels and all! Now it's been about 4 weeks and it's been washed and waxed 3 times and detailed several times. The car is black and is looking pretty damn good. We'll see how the next few years work out for her. :xfingers:

I don't have any great pics of her yet. It's crappy and cold out! :mad:

100_1135-1.jpg

100_2449.jpg

PontiacG8-0.jpg

PontiacG8.jpg

Cheers all!

Chris

In the garage cleaning her up! I had to use medium glass polish on the windows to get ALL the crap off of them! I really need a DA!:bow:

Edited by Chewy

• 1 month later...

Well my parents were kind enough to get me the Porter Cable DA starter kit ya'll sell. Looks great but since it's only 8º outside it will probably be a while before I use it.:(

Looks great though.

What other pads would you professionals recommend from what I got in the kit?

Chris

The kit should suffice for quite sometime. Clean the pads every time you're done with them. Dry them and store them in the bags they came in. :cheers:

BTW: Great looking ride... :2thumbs:

Cool! Thanks for the help Nitelord!:thumbsup:

• 4 years later...

O.T.A. Old thread alert... This is my VERY FIRST post... Hard to believe that's over 4 years ago!!! The car isn't anywhere near that clean right now, but it'll be my garage queen soon and it'll be beautiful all the time.

I found this thread by hitting "show all subscribed threads" which I didn't know I had any I subscribed to, since I don't subscribe to threads commonly. It's neat to see what I started with from Adams and how far I've come.

Chris

Welcome Chris! :lolsmack:

I don't think I ever made a New Member thread..

This forum was pretty new when I registered. I guess I was right... I've been here for a while. I got in on the ground floor so to speak. What's funny is what looks like Dylans comments, were actually Jason's. Dylan filled his shoes when he left. I wonder what happened to Jason...