Customer Service 866.965.0400

Floor shifter opinions

DemoN

I’m looking at floor shifter options for the truck. I’m gonna start the console build, AGAIN, in the next month or so….but I need to lock down the right shifter for the truck.

Here’s the shifters I’m considering:

B&M Pro Rachet

39496d1188095554-b-m-pro-ratchet-new-bm-shifter.jpg

B&M Hi-Tek Street Bandit

BMM-80797_JY.jpg

B&M Magnum Grip Pro Stick

BMM-81040_CL.jpg

B&M Stealth Pro Ratchet

b&m_81120.jpg

TCI Outlaw

TCI-616531.jpg

I'm open to other options. transmission: 4l60E

ok. both the pro rachect and the stealth pro rachet are "return to center" shifters. so they dont need alot of throw room. just what you see there.

The others all need that full room to move.

I like the look of that B&M stealth, but with your tank, wheels, etc it might make more sense to bring some raw metal inside with the street bandit.

You and i are thinking along the same lines. if i go Stealth (which that or the pro rachect is what i'm currently leaning towards) then i will make sure the decorative top of the console will be SS plating so there will still be alot of polisted metal inside.

There is also the option of the stealth with the magnum pro stick grip option i think. *looking!*

it would...but i want to custom build a console :)

i see, was just offering up a suggestion ;) what about installing a TKO 6 speed?? :burnout: haha i was watching a few videos on the ratchet shifter and it seems like if your not paying attention and forget to "shift" the trans, you could cause internal damage or an over heat in the transmission. is there any kind of fail safe for these?? like a rev limiter or something?

i see, was just offering up a suggestion ;) what about installing a TKO 6 speed?? :burnout: haha i was watching a few videos on the ratchet shifter and it seems like if your not paying attention and forget to "shift" the trans, you could cause internal damage or an over heat in the transmission. is there any kind of fail safe for these?? like a rev limiter or something?

Well, you only operate it as a ratchet when you want. any other time i can shift it into OD and it'll shift as normal. it's just like your standard automatic gear shifter....but it simply allows you to "hammer" your own shifting without sweating the chance of gear missing.

Well, you only operate it as a ratchet when you want. any other time i can shift it into OD and it'll shift as normal. it's just like your standard automatic gear shifter....but it simply allows you to "hammer" your own shifting without sweating the chance of gear missing.

Learn something new everyday? Hey are you signed up on performance trucks dot net?? Lots of good info there

Archived