Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hazing and Staining from Detail Spray?

Rains

Question

I have noticed after the last two times I wash my truck I am getting staining on the paint from the Detail spray. I blow off the heavy water with a leaf blower and then spray detail spray all over to dry it with the GW towel. I try to wipe it off but it does not seem to want to come off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!:help:

10 answers to this question

I was having the same problem, until I decided to wash the car, then sheet the water off, then drive into my garage out of the sun light, then mist the whole car with detail spay and finally dry with the great white. That fix it for me, the sun was just drying it way to fast!

if you do that in direct sunlight with hot panels it will get "cooked" off the panel before you can get to it. make sure everything is done in the shade with cool panels, if thats the issue your having.

I agree!!!

Seems to make a big difference,, washing and waxing with cool to touch panels. Just did the Tahoe the other night. Waited for the sun to start going down, then did the 2 bucket and touch up with BG then Buttery. Started like at 630 645 pm. Was shaded by the time I got to rinse and started waxing. I do not like washing in direct sunlight at all. Either early morning or late evening. :patriot:

I live in Florida, so I always wash mine early in the morning (I'm retired) while my drive in in the shade. As soon as I have completed the wash and that includes a sheet rinse, I pull it into the garage. I only mist the area I am drying, so I carry the bottle of detail spray around the car with me.

Thanks guys for your input. As far as I know the truck was cool. It was late evening and the truck had not moved all day. I will have to make not next time of the body temp before I spray the DS on again. I usually have no problem but like I said, the last two times have caused this issue. Again I will have to experiment. Thanks again!

Archived