Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant Application Technique

savi01

Question

Hey all,

I need some advice on how to get the most out of the Quick Sealant. The can I had didn't last me long at all. I was only able to get one coat all around my car and the front end on my truck before it ran out on me.

My technique was just as Adam shows in the video on the products page:

Adam's Polishes - Adam's Quick Sealant

I would spray the applicator pad a bit to prime it, then quickly spray all over a panel, spread with the applicator, wait for a bit of hazing then wipe off. I did spray less than Adam does in the video to get the most out of the can I had, but I guess I still ended up using more than I should have?

I noticed people getting at least a few cars out of one can, and I'm really surprised as so how I only got about 1.5. I was being pretty conservative with it, or so I thought :confused:

Any advice?

Chris, do you spray all over the panel you're working on or just a quick spray across it then use the pad to spread? I would use sort of a "zig zag" pattern, starting from the top of a panel and moving to the bottom really fast.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get the most out of the can, I'm surprised as to how quickly I use it all up when some users claim to have one can last at least 3-4 vehicles.

If im not mistaken, I think there was a problem with the spray sealant sprayer poping off and leaking the good stuff inside. That is what probably happened...Maybe not the sprayer popping off but sealant could have leaked out.

Where do you store this product?

If im not mistaken, I think there was a problem with the spray sealant sprayer poping off and leaking the good stuff inside. That is what probably happened...Maybe not the sprayer popping off but sealant could have leaked out.

That was my first thought, that there might have been some issue with the can and some product could have leaked out, but I doubt it. I stored my can upright w/ the cap on indoors where it wouldn't be exposed to too cold/hot temperatures.

Thanks for the info Chris, I'll hopefully get more use out of my next can.

That was an issue with the nozzle coming off the end, not leaking. In order for the product to escape the nozzle would have to be depressed.

I don't understand how it runs out so fast. I've done an explorer twice and a

s60 twice, but still have plenty left in the can. I prime the pad and fog the body panel.

Exactly why I'm trying to figure out how I happened to run out so quick, haha. I try to use very little product, whichever one it may be, because I can't afford to really re-order stuff a lot. I've had a bottle of detail spray lasting me an insane amount of time by just using so little!

Once I get more QS, I'll just try a different method of applying I guess, and hopefully get more out of the can. I think I'll stick to spraying the applicator pad and just spreading the product on with that.

I've used it twice now and I have about 1/2 left, but I still feel like I'm using too much. The car is not that big! The problem is I just can't see it on the paint, so I tend to over do it.:( If anyone has any ideas on how to stop doing this, I'd love to hear it.

Could this be your problem too?

I've used it twice now and I have about 1/2 left, but I still feel like I'm using too much. The car is not that big! The problem is I just can't see it on the paint, so I tend to over do it.:( If anyone has any ideas on how to stop doing this, I'd love to hear it.

That's most likely what it is; I can't see it on my paint but I still sprayed very little on the panel and went across it very quickly. I guess I just have to realize a little product should go a long way.

I usually don't apply it by spraying the car, but only spray the applicator. It seems to me that much less is wasted that way.

:cheers:

:iagree: I was going through a lot of cans of QS when I first got it. Couldn't figure out why. Then one day while applying it using the spraying method, I figured it out. I was "Inhaling" more of the product than was going on my truck. :willy: Now I have a few of the foam applicators that I "only" use with the QS. :2thumbs:

I've been trying to use A LOT less with my new can. I spray the pad and just a very quick across the panel spray. I think it'll last me longer this way.

Also, I know what you mean about inhaling it Bill, that thing SUCKS when you accidently inhale it!

I just spray a little bit on an Americana applicator and apply to the panel. Works for me and gets even coverage without wasting too much with overspray.

I'm going to use this method next time I apply the Sealant. Thank you for this helpful tip.

I've been trying to use A LOT less with my new can. I spray the pad and just a very quick across the panel spray. I think it'll last me longer this way.

Also, I know what you mean about inhaling it Bill, that thing SUCKS when you accidently inhale it!

I know what you mean about inhaling it. After the first time I used it I starting wearing a particle mask. Better than nothing.

I don't know how much waste there is with all that spray floating around but since I started using a pad, I now use less of the product.

I'm going to use this method next time I apply the Sealant. Thank you for this helpful tip.

I know what you mean about inhaling it. After the first time I used it I starting wearing a particle mask. Better than nothing.

I tried one of the auto body face masks with the canisters on it. Works great if you don't mind filling it up with "sweat." :help:

What color is your ride? I've applied QS with a pad on a white and then silver car and could still see where it was applied. Try standing back just a couple of feet and look at it from different directions. Not saying you're not having a problem seeing it but it's just that I've never had that problem.

It will take longer but do smaller sections until you can see where you've spread it.

I tried one of the auto body face masks with the canisters on it. Works great if you don't mind filling it up with "sweat." :help:

The neighbors are now convinced you've gone over the edge:lolsmack:.