P1000059.jpg

Now for the afters.

P1000062.jpg

P1000061.jpg

P1000068.jpg

P1000067.jpg

whew!! I'm tired!

Thanks guys.

wow...I almost puked from all that hair. how was it to take the blood off the bed?

Pretty easy actually, pressure washer, one of those brushes on a stick, and a bottle of APC and it came right up. Wish I had pics of the tailgate and rear bumper.... APC and the rough plastic side of a sponge to get it off:mad:

You did a great job, hope you got paid well for all your hard work!

Let's just say that I can eat at Burger King for lunch today:banana:

That is nice work! I have that same truck, there is some serious sq. footage in those panels! Although mine is missing the deer blood.

Hey if you can high speed, you could have hit those headlights with some 400 grit paper, then to 1500 grit, then buff and could have made an extra 50 on your invoice, just a thought.

Congrats on your hard work!

Enough about the truck, what did you get at Burger King :drool::drool::drool:

Same thing I ALWAYS get....

#2 combo, with cheese, King size, DR. Pepper to go please

That is nice work! I have that same truck, there is some serious sq. footage in those panels! Although mine is missing the deer blood.

Hey if you can high speed, you could have hit those headlights with some 400 grit paper, then to 1500 grit, then buff and could have made an extra 50 on your invoice, just a thought.

Congrats on your hard work!

Can't high speed as I still do this "on the side", I did point that out to him he declined.

I use metal polish on the headlights. Works like a charm!

Thanks for the props guys!

Mods, just noticed that I put this in the "car" section. Move if you wish

Metal polish is not the thing to use on plastic, not to be negative, but most metal polishes have a high mineral spririt content and you will notice the surface dull out even worse after a couple washes when the filler washes off, just as you probably dont want to use brilliance on the headlights. Just trying to warn anybody who read that and does it on their $100,000 corvette.

Im not trying to harp on you, the truck came out fantastic nonetheless!

Metal polish is not the thing to use on plastic, not to be negative, but most metal polishes have a high mineral spririt content and you will notice the surface dull out even worse after a couple washes when the filler washes off, just as you probably dont want to use brilliance on the headlights. Just trying to warn anybody who read that and does it on their $100,000 corvette.

Good info Dan !!!!!!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, although I'm sure it has, why do you not recommend using Brillance on headlights? I remember when Brilliance came out, one of the selling features of the product was the feature of using the product over head and tail light plastic. I have used this product on both with no problems. I'm certainly not bashing here, I truly just want to be educated and will value you sharing your knowledge.:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Dan, great info and normally I'd agree, but our Metal Polishes are a "chemical" cleaner and not an abrasive.

:patriot:

Nice job on the truck! I think people like the owner does not fully appreciate having a nicely detailed vehicle, and keeping it that way.

Later,

Because he doesn't do it himself. I won't pay someone to do something I can do easily.

Some just don't have time to spend doing this stuff.

Good job! :banana:

Dan, great info and normally I'd agree, but our Metal Polishes are a "chemical" cleaner and not an abrasive.

:patriot: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Well I don't really want to start any battles here, but the "chemical" part of the metal polish is what scares me for the longevity or integrity of the plastic. I dont remember Adam saying anywhere to use it on headlights, unless Im missing something. But then again, feel free to use the stuff, then more people can hire me and I can fix all those dull lights!

You can have abrasive all day long on those headlights, as long as there is enough material left to finish in 1500 grit and buff to a shine.

To tell you the truth, I thought brilliance was for metal, windows, or to add an artificial shine to the paint. You dont really want it on rubber or plastic because of the solvent content. I also do not know exactly whats in there, but I can promise you it has mineral spirits in it just by smelling it. Hey if it works for you than Im not going to be one of those people that tell you what to do. I like the new Dodge Challenger by the way. I just gave a thumbs up to a guy when I pulled up next to him! I cant wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with in regards to supercharging that badboy!

Well I don't really want to start any battles here, but the "chemical" part of the metal polish is what scares me for the longevity or integrity of the plastic. I dont remember Adam saying anywhere to use it on headlights, unless Im missing something. But then again, feel free to use the stuff, then more people can hire me and I can fix all those dull lights!

You can have abrasive all day long on those headlights, as long as there is enough material left to finish in 1500 grit and buff to a shine.

To tell you the truth, I thought brilliance was for metal, windows, or to add an artificial shine to the paint. You dont really want it on rubber or plastic because of the solvent content. I also do not know exactly whats in there, but I can promise you it has mineral spirits in it just by smelling it. Hey if it works for you than Im not going to be one of those people that tell you what to do. I like the new Dodge Challenger by the way. I just gave a thumbs up to a guy when I pulled up next to him! I cant wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with in regards to supercharging that badboy!

I tend to agree with you on the Brilliance on plastic, although I have used it on the plastic before. I guess if I would keep a car long enough to see the long term effects of Brilliance on plastic we could have a more informed conversation!:)

There is a company that is making twin turbos for the 6.1, but I'm liking the extended warrantee and the way it sits stock is plenty fast enough for me.

As for starting battles, I'm all for sharing info with each other even if opinions clash. The only time I get bothered with internet forum battles is when one person starts spewing hate, otherwise, differences of opinions is the only way we can all learn from our trials and errors!

Keep up the good work!

Brad

I tend to agree with you on the Brilliance on plastic, although I have used it on the plastic before. I guess if I would keep a car long enough to see the long term effects of Brilliance on plastic we could have a more informed conversation!:)

There is a company that is making twin turbos for the 6.1, but I'm liking the extended warrantee and the way it sits stock is plenty fast enough for me.

As for starting battles, I'm all for sharing info with each other even if opinions clash. The only time I get bothered with internet forum battles is when one person starts spewing hate, otherwise, differences of opinions is the only way we can all learn from our trials and errors!

Keep up the good work!

Brad

Yeah I can see how you would appreciate an extended warranty! Especially since its plenty fast already! I agree with you on the differences of opinion, some forums get out of hand and some people cannot keep a positive attitude. Its as if they are on the forum to spew information they know to boost their own ego. Then when somebody disagrees, they jump the gun and get a little emotional.

Bye the way, I rule, and know everything...:pc::lol:<!-- / message -->