Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Something Different..copper toppers

SLOWpoke

Okay so my good buddy and Adams vendor Len (InDepthAutoDetailing) told me I should enter these into this little competition..so here it is with a slight bit of background. Hope everyone likes :D

I was over at my moms house a few weeks ago and she has these "copper toppers" I honestly DO NOT know what to call them lol!! Anyways she has these copper tins that mount on the top of her decks 6x6s as decoration...She's had them for about 2 years collecting the elements and tarnishing, to the point where she told me she was going to go buy new ones to the beat of $180!! Now personally I like the way copper looks when its tarnished and weathered but she wants SHINY and I know there's no arguing with a woman much less my mother. So I told her give me a week and let me see what I can do before you go spending that kind of money on new ones, here are the results!

A good before and after, all 7 looked like the one on the left

th_IMG_6275.jpg

After some wet sanding with 2500, in progress

th_IMG_3737.jpg

It was starting to get dark but the flash shows the improvement...after wetsanding I hit them with PC on a setting of 5 with Adams Swirl and Haze Remover and an OLD OLD "Junk" pad..please forgive my non-Adams MF I didn't want my good ones coming anywhere near these things! :lolsmack: After that I hit them all with some Adams QS to help protect them!

th_IMG_1734.jpg

And once inside you can see the "bling bling" ...they're not 'Brand new out of the box perfect' but considering the condition they were in I was satisfied with the results and my mom was MORE than happy with them! Which is all I really care about..making people happy with the finished result!!

th_IMG_4554.jpg

Thanks everyone for looking and I hope you enjoyed one of my "mini" side projects ;)

Lol!!! Hey it's either flip flops or barefoot for me!! It got too "messy" with the debris coming off to polish them on my deck so I moved outside the garage (with the door DOWN, as to not fling any yuk on the IS)

...apartment okay to trash...garage NOT okay to trash :lol: the mindset of a car guy! Haha

Great job! I have some brass that needs done. When can I expect you? :2thumbs:

Brass and copper are the true unsung heros in the metal world for me! Amazing color and texture even when weathered...I love that look SO much in fact I incorporated it into my motorcycle..so much so, that every bolt has been ha d painted a copper metal flake!! LOVE the color, LOVE the process and man whenever ya want me to come to PA I'll do it for free so long as it isn't cold to my AL standards lol!!!

EDIT: A friend and I had been arguing last night about what video games were better the old ones when we were kids or the newer ones today, so I was in that mindset of old vs new. Anyways edited the post because old school bikes or cars vs new has nothing to do with this thread. He just had me wound up from before! Lol!!

Edited by SLOWpoke