Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rain? stripped my wax?

crowvet

Question

Hmmmm, I did a complete paint correction about 3 months ago on my daily driver. I keep this car very well protected with Americana and it ALWAYS bead water in the rain. I recoated American about three weeks ago. Yesterday I walked out after a rain and noticed sheeting:willy:no beads. Can rain strip the products off your paint? also my wife had parked under a large willow tree during a rain. Could the tree release things that could strip the wax? I have never had this happen before and am somewhat perplexed.

6 answers to this question

Straight rain will not strip wax unless we are taking rain after rain after rain, but it sounds like you keep it protected. I am betting it has something to do with the tree and sap or some other substance that was released from the tree in the rain.

I had the same issue with my Crown Vic, full correction not quite 2 months ago. It was sealed with Machine Super Sealant, but the wash I did last week water wasn't even beading. My Taurus has some Quick Sealant on it and it was still beading. I went ahead and put some quick sealant on the Vic and it's beading fine since.

Maybe we've had some extra goodies coming down in in the rain out here?