Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW vs Quick Sealant

fly4food84

Question

6 answers to this question

MSS does last longer, but has the 12 hour cure time if you are 'topping' it with glaze and/or wax. We have found that QS can last as long as 6 months, but expect about 3-4 months. Best part of QS is no machine is needed to apply, and only 30 minutes wait time before topping. Both look great, but as you said MSS can stain the trim.

I wouldn't even say it would 'stain' trim... it will leave a residue that can usually be removed with nothing more than a towel wipe and some detail spray.

As Mike pointed out though... the biggest advantage with QS is the cure/application times. You can be done with an entire vehicle in no time flat, where as with MSS there is the initial cure and then a day before you can layer another coat or additional products.

I actually used both products on my truck when I did its first detail. MSS over 90% of the truck (2 coats over 2 days) then areas like around door handles, wheels, the front end, the roof (b/c of the ribs in the top of the cab) etc. I used 2 coats of Quick Sealant.

To help avoid sealents, glaze, and waxes from sticking to the trim, apply SVRT before polishing or waxing. It adds a protective barrier and makes it easier to get the offending product off of the trim.

Edited by dipolley