Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wanting a New Vehicle

egott_91

. I agree with others that a WRX would be a pretty sweet ride. A 02-07 WRX has lots of power and is lots of fun, and you can find one for a good price 10-16k. You can get a STI but your going to pay a lot more. Another sweet ride (since we are talking about Subaru's)is also a 06-08 Forester XT it has the same engine as the WRX. Also the 05-09 Legacy GT is also pretty sweet, and Im looking for one right now for my wife.

I realize I'm biased as a Cobalt SS owner, and I'll admit I've never owned a Subi, but consider that you can buy an 09/10 Cobalt SS for around 14K. If you put $2.5K of mods in it as I have (basically full bolt-ons and a tune) you've got a 360HP car that is faster than an STi. Invest another ~$2K for a direct bolt-on ZFR turbo and you can easily make 500HP on stock internals. The LNF engine in these cars is truly amazing in terms of what it can do. And don't forget the Cobalt is one of the best handling FWD cars; 2 years after production ceased, it still holds the record lap time around the Nürburgring for FWD production cars at 8:22.

And my final argument for a Cobalt SS over a Subi: :patriot: :patriot:

I realize I'm biased as a Cobalt SS owner, and I'll admit I've never owned a Subi, but consider that you can buy an 09/10 Cobalt SS for around 14K. If you put $2.5K of mods in it as I have (basically full bolt-ons and a tune) you've got a 360HP car that is faster than an STi. Invest another ~$2K for a direct bolt-on ZFR turbo and you can easily make 500HP on stock internals. The LNF engine in these cars is truly amazing in terms of what it can do. And don't forget the Cobalt is one of the best handling FWD cars; 2 years after production ceased, it still holds the record lap time around the Nürburgring for FWD production cars at 8:22.

And my final argument for a Cobalt SS over a Subi: :patriot: :patriot:

Its now the second fastest FWD car since the MINI GP took the record earlier this year at 8:19 :jester:

Still pretty impressive for a chevy to hold that record for as long as it did! kudos to them :thumbsup:

Its now the second fastest FWD car since the MINI GP took the record earlier this year at 8:19 :jester:

Still pretty impressive for a chevy to hold that record for as long as it did! kudos to them :thumbsup:

Hot damn I must have missed that! But I knew they were close before at 8:23. But still, stock 2010 Cobalt: $14-15K (MSRP new $24K) Mini GP: $40k+? just saying :)

Oh, and :patriot::thumbsup:

as a jeep owner myself and a young guy, id say don't do it unless you're ready to pay handily to fix. Even simple things like my front bumper area 1800 bucks to replace, compare to a 240zx and thats a $30 bumper haha. And you will get nowhere near 20mpg with the jeep, i am at 13 now on a good day. I'd say go for a WRX, I think I'm about to pick up a beat up 04 WRX and do a complete STi swap cause the frame is good. Theres alot of options out there man, go drive a few of them!

I forgot about the Cobalt SS. You can find one easily for 15K. They are pretty sweet cars, I have driven both the SC and TC versions, both have very impressive power. If it was me make sure you get an 08-10 with the TC

That would be the one that I'd go for.

Hey Brendon, where did you read about this 8:19 lap? All I'm able to find online is the 8:23?

Here is one, but i dont think its true :o reading more into it BMW posted 8:23 so we'll go with that one :o sorry man!

MINI JCW GP Revealed With 8:19 Nurburgring Lap Time | AutoGuide.com News

:banana: yay! Still the fastest!! Well, except for that purpose built Renault Mégane RS R26.R - only 450 cars were ever built and it is basically a stripped car, no back seat, no climate control, with carbon fiber/polycarbonate body parts to reduce weight...damn french cheaters :jester: