Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wanting a New Vehicle

egott_91

Well, I'm getting bored with the Coly and I'm looking for something to replace it. I'm looking at an array of vehicles and can't really decide what I want. I really like SRT8 jeeps, around 2006, 205ish S4 Audi's, G8 GT's. Wondering if you guys had any suggestions with the list of criteria below:

Around $20k

Under 75k miles, preferably under 60k

Quick/power (V8 or s/c or t/c)

MPG at least 20 highway

Comfortable

2003 or newer

Sporty looking

Decent in the winter (willing to put snow tires on of RWD)

Open to coupes, SUVS, and sedans, trucks.

Let's here the suggestions from the AF crew!

2009+ Silverado or Sierra!

the 09 and newer have the 6 spd tranny that gets 21 mpg highway with the 5.3L. same as what i have, and with an intake, exhaust, and tune i'm getting 22-23 mpg highway (mostly from the tune) and about 17 city

I'm keeping my eyes open for something new as well. Mine is always for sale for the right price. :D

Around $20k: YES

Under 75k miles, preferably under 60k: JUST HIT 50K

Quick/power (V8 or s/c or t/c): 6.0 LS2

MPG at least 20 highway: NOPE. ABOUT 12.5 MPG

Comfortable: YES

2003 or newer: 2006

Sporty looking: I THINK SO

Decent in the winter (willing to put snow tires on of RWD): AWD WITH NITTO 420'S

I would get a G8 GT, or an SRT 8 Jeep. The G8 does very well in the snow with the proper shoes also.

I do like the S4 but have heard to many horror stories about maintenance costs.

I'm afraid of the costs that could be associated with Audi's also and I don't know if I want to take that risk as a college student.

I do really like G8 GT's and SRT8 Jeeps. I haven't driven either though.

2009+ Silverado or Sierra!

the 09 and newer have the 6 spd tranny that gets 21 mpg highway with the 5.3L. same as what i have, and with an intake, exhaust, and tune i'm getting 22-23 mpg highway (mostly from the tune) and about 17 city

I'm not really a big truck guy, plus the ones I like are a little out of my price range. Lol.

I'm keeping my eyes open for something new as well. Mine is always for sale for the right price. :D

Around $20k: YES

Under 75k miles, preferably under 60k: JUST HIT 50K

Quick/power (V8 or s/c or t/c): 6.0 LS2

MPG at least 20 highway: NOPE. ABOUT 12.5 MPG

Comfortable: YES

2003 or newer: 2006

Sporty looking: I THINK SO

Decent in the winter (willing to put snow tires on of RWD): AWD WITH NITTO 420'S

You're a little far away. Ha. And you're only getting 12.5 MPG highway? Sounds like my old Durango RT, which I liked, minus the mileage.

Free shipping!?!? Just kidding, worth a shot.

I love Audi's but have also heard and witnessed horror stories with their issues.

I am actually looking towards a nice big lifted full size myself.

G8's and SRT8's are awesome though. Go drive a few ASAP!

What about a Charger?

Free shipping!?!? Just kidding, worth a shot.

I love Audi's but have also heard and witnessed horror stories with their issues.

I am actually looking towards a nice big lifted full size myself.

G8's and SRT8's are awesome though. Go drive a few ASAP!

What about a Charger?

My issue is I have expensive taste, do I don't really buy generic models. If I got a charger, it would have to be at least an RT and preferably a SRT8, which are out of my range, depending on the year. Plus if I remember right, the interior on the mid to late 2000's are plain, but I'll look into them to see what they're running.

I'll +1 on the G8 GT. Amazing car and looks great IMO. Not sure how a Charger SRT-8 is out of your budget but the Jeep isn't. Last I checked, the Charger and 300C were more affordable than the GC. Also, not sure if you have a gas budget but the GC will cost more than the G8 in that area.

I would stay away from an Audi (as much as im a fan) they can bring an immense amount of joy until you have a problem and then your bank account is wiped clean.

honestly, as a 22 year old that has very expensive car taste i would say sit down long and hard and make sure this is what you want, especially being in college. Do you have the means to afford the car and go out with everyone over the weekends or will having this car force you to work instead of going out therefor negating your college experience.

Even so, I would honestly tell you to keep the car you have and stash the difference in car payments from your current one to your "new" one in an account and dont touch it until your out of college, you would be surprised how quick that would grow and by the end of college you can either afford the car of your dreams (reasonably of course) or use that money for a appreciating asset like a house.

I constantly sit back and wish i didnt have such expensive taste in cars, purchased a cheap decent car and stashed the money away because the money ive poured into my cars i could honestly be in a really nice house right now (at 22) I was honestly going to purchase an RS5 and was saving for one until they announced it was going to be available only in automatic, i have sense stashed away that money for a down payment on a house. I have seriously been through more cars since 17 then most have been in their entire life (some of them being work vehicles)

But as a car guy i would go with a WRX STI :)

Good Luck!

Edited by 3PedalMINI

Even so, I would honestly tell you to keep the car you have and stash the difference in car payments from your current one to your "new" one in an account and dont touch it until your out of college, you would be surprised how quick that would grow and by the end of college you can either afford the car of your dreams (reasonably of course) or use that money for a appreciating asset like a house.

I constantly sit back and wish i didnt have such expensive taste in cars, purchased a cheap decent car and stashed the money away because the money ive poured into my cars i could honestly be in a really nice house right now (at 22) I was honestly going to purchase an RS5 and was saving for one until they announced it was going to be available only in automatic, i have sense stashed away that money for a down payment on a house.

:iagree: I never understood why people would spend all their cash on a really nice car and then live in a POS apt. If it is more of an urge to get a new car as opposed to a "need", if it were me I would just hang on to what you have. But that is just me. New cars are always fun till you get that first payment in the mail. Then reality sinks in.

Well, I'm getting bored with the Coly and I'm looking for something to replace it. I'm looking at an array of vehicles and can't really decide what I want. I really like SRT8 jeeps, around 2006, 205ish S4 Audi's, G8 GT's. Wondering if you guys had any suggestions with the list of criteria below:

Around $20k

Under 75k miles, preferably under 60k

Quick/power (V8 or s/c or t/c)

MPG at least 20 highway

Comfortable

2003 or newer

Sporty looking

Decent in the winter (willing to put snow tires on of RWD)

Open to coupes, SUVS, and sedans, trucks.

Let's here the suggestions from the AF crew!

"DON'T" buy a RAM 1500 Truck. :lolsmack:

My issue is I have expensive taste, do I don't really buy generic models. If I got a charger, it would have to be at least an RT and preferably a SRT8, which are out of my range, depending on the year. Plus if I remember right, the interior on the mid to late 2000's are plain, but I'll look into them to see what they're running.

If you decide on a charger, get an R/T, don't get a V6. The 5.7L hemi gets better gas mileage than the 3.5L v6

"DON'T" buy a RAM 1500 Truck. :lolsmack:

I won't, don't worry. Lol

If you decide on a charger, get an R/T, don't get a V6. The 5.7L hemi gets better gas mileage than the 3.5L v6

If I did, it would AT LEAST have to be an RT.

I would stay away from an Audi (as much as im a fan) they can bring an immense amount of joy until you have a problem and then your bank account is wiped clean.

honestly, as a 22 year old that has very expensive car taste i would say sit down long and hard and make sure this is what you want, especially being in college. Do you have the means to afford the car and go out with everyone over the weekends or will having this car force you to work instead of going out therefor negating your college experience.

I constantly sit back and wish i didnt have such expensive taste in cars, purchased a cheap decent car and stashed the money away because the money ive poured into my cars i could honestly be in a really nice house right now (at 22) I was honestly going to purchase an RS5 and was saving for one until they announced it was going to be available only in automatic, i have sense stashed away that money for a down payment on a house. I have seriously been through more cars since 17 then most have been in their entire life (some of them being work vehicles)

But as a car guy i would go with a WRX STI :)

Good Luck!

I agree with you. When I was 22 I bought my Silverado SS and it was way out of my price range. I spent all my money on the payment, gas, and Mods. Next thing you know I was in debt and it took me years to get out of it.

I wish when I was 22 that I did not have such expensive taste in cars. I had a perfectly fine 2001 Silverado that I only had to pay $200 payments and I was less than a year from paying off, but I just had to have my SS.

Now that being said. I agree with others that a WRX would be a pretty sweet ride. A 02-07 WRX has lots of power and is lots of fun, and you can find one for a good price 10-16k. You can get a STI but your going to pay a lot more. Another sweet ride (since we are talking about Subaru's)is also a 06-08 Forester XT it has the same engine as the WRX. Also the 05-09 Legacy GT is also pretty sweet, and Im looking for one right now for my wife.

I drive my G8 365 days a year in the Midwest. I have Blizzaks on some cheap/ugly 17" wheels (1100 bucks) and it's darn near unstoppable. Let's face it, most cities are out plowing LONG before we wake up now a days.

Overall I'm very happy with the G8 although I probably will be getting rid of it here in the next year or so for either the Chevy SS or something else with some decent power I definitely would look at a Subaru as I've had one in the past and they are great cars easily modified and produce a lot of power.