Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help with Aluminum Wheels

Learo2000GT

Question

I am trying to get my centerline wheels back into good shape. They are all aluminum with no clearcoat on them. I have been using metal polish 1 and 2 by hand and they are coming back to being in good shape. The problem is that I spent about 6 hours on one wheel and I am still not done with one wheel and my hands are killing me. The wheels are only about 5 years old and the vehicle has been garaged the whole time. The problem is I never got a good polish on these wheels sence I baught them and I have just been cleaning them and not polishing them. Is there any tools that I could use to make the process easier. I have all of the adams pads small and big, the wheels made by other manufactures and these felt polishing tools. I messed around with some of the tools and just couldn't figure out a good approach and I don't want to waste my product. Maybe by hand is the best way and if it is so be it. I was just seeing if there was a quicker way with some tools. Another problem is these wheels have a lot of different angles and spaces. Any help would be great.

4 answers to this question

Yes high polish to begin with. . I have the pads that go in a drill, I think those are he focus pads. If I use those what process would I use. Meaning what color pad, use for 1 and 2, use pad alone or pad with towel? Thanks so much for the help.

Here is the pic of the one I have about six hours into It still needs touch up in certain spots.

ae18ac60-278b-2003.jpg

Here is one that I have not started.

ae18ac60-27fc-31c5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you don't have the blue metal polish pad I've had success with the 4" white FMP pad on the drill, just figure you'll not be using it on paint anymore. To get in along the spokes the maternal brands mini ball and cone can help.

Fantastic results so far!