Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should I Get Racing Stripes?

DTrem13

I really have been thinking about getting racing stripes lately for my 06 Charger. What color, I don't know. That's why I'm making this thread to get some opinions and thoughts on them. I really want them to go all the way around. Not just stop at the trunk/hood. I'm thinking about either white, matte black, or blue (like the Mopar '11.) Here's a couple examples I found online. ANY input is appreciated. Please share your thoughts!! :patriot:

Charger047.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

6550d1343139185-racing-stripe-like-dodge-charger-mopar-2011charger_mopar.jpg

Depends. What does your car look like?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see it at first. Using Tapa. I would go with wheels before the stripes but if you do get them, the matte black and blue aren't bad. I'm not really a fan of stripes though.

Just remember they are a nightmare to polish around, and a b!tch to take off if you ever decide to. Just saying. I had racing stripes on one of my cars and would not get them ever again.

Also, less = more. Unless they come stock. Like, say on a 2013 GT500. :)

Thanks everyone for your response. I'm taking every one into consideration. :grouphug:

Did you ever think about fender stripes?

They are pretty subtle depending on the color you choose.

You mean like pin stripes? I have thought about them. Both my parent's vehicles have them. I just wasn't sure if racing stripes would look better than them or not. I'm not really set on one thing yet. Just kinda throwing ideas around in my head.

This is not my car I just found the pic but these are the stripes Im talking about.

You can find them on Fleabay ..many different styles and colors. plus you can find the rear quarter strip to match.

ChargerDoubleBar1.jpg

I don't think the Charger lends itself to stripes, but if you like them I vote for the blue ones that run down the driver's side. I also think the matte black look OK but the would make detailing a real bear, if you get any wax on them it is tough to get off and looks terrible if any residue is missed. My first choice would be the blue, it looks best on your car, IMHO.