Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying wash mitts

jordan572

Question

How do you guys dry your wash mitts? Can they be machine dried on the lowest heat setting or will that still wreak them? That is how I have always done it but I just received another merino wool mitt today and it seems a lot softer and fluffier than my other one that I have only been using since spring. Should I stop using the drier? This is the only way I can thoroughly dry them unless they sit outside for days. I worry about contamination then.

13 answers to this question

Mine is rinsed thoroughly over the grit guard, shaken and squeezed until most of the water is gone, and then they dry in the sun if its sunny (like they are right now) on top of the grit guard. If its overcast or raining, I dry them in the dryer on low heat.

Shouldn't the wash mitt be usable immediately after washing? Not wanting to use a wash mitt because it's still damp is like not wanting to go swimming while it's raining because you might get wet. :o

Rinse,rub on grit guard,rinse, wring out, run thru dryer ( by itself) on air dry,hang on clothes line for final dry, after dried I hit with master blaster and comb with brush. Looks brand new and there no wolf in sheeps clothing to scracth my ride. Same process for regular wash mitts.

Merino Wool Mitt in dryer?

I think not!

It's a natural product, not synthetic. It's basically leather on the inside with the animals hair on the outside. Would you put a leather coat in the dryer, or a fur coat? No

Hang it up with the hand hole open is what I do after I wring it out well.