Customer Service 866.965.0400

Frigidaire Dishwasher

Captain Slow

Our 12 year old Frigidaire dishwasher died today. We went shopping for a new one and had a hard time finding out where the different manufacturers make them. When I opened the door to the one we bought it had a big sign in it proclaiming: Designed, assembled and engineered in the U.S.A Well heck, I needed to see nothing else after seeing this sign. It was the second most expensive one but my fellow Americans need my hard earned $$$.:patriot:

Frigidaire Gallery 24" Built-In Dishwasher

that's fancy! one thing i hate about my whirlpool, even though its doing a good job thus far, is the utensil basket hangs on the door. i like when its integrated on the bottom shelf like the one you posted does, or like the old style washers with it in the middle/front of the bottom shelf. :rolleyes:

We have a stainless inside and out Kitchen Aid that was in the house when we bought it. It's pretty quiet, but my wife hates it. In our last home we installed the quietest (also the most expensive) one we could find. It was an Electrolux and we had NO issues with it, and it did a bang up job cleaning. My wife wants to replace the one we have with another Electrolux. lol I have NO idea where it was made...

I think in 2008 we paid 600 or a little more for it. We NEEDED quiet though, and honestly, you had to put your ear up to it to hear it. It was STUPID quiet.

that's fancy! one thing i hate about my whirlpool, even though its doing a good job thus far, is the utensil basket hangs on the door. i like when its integrated on the bottom shelf like the one you posted does, or like the old style washers with it in the middle/front of the bottom shelf. :rolleyes:

Before we built this house we had one in our townhouse that had the silverware basket across the front. I cut myself too many times on knives and forks 'til I got the bright idea to rip it out. Of course after I did that the lovely Mrs. asked "why don't you load it last like I do?" :confused: After that all silverware was washed by me by hand. The landlord missed the missing basket on our final walk through.:D