Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC Sprayer Bottle

At one point the kwazar option was available and when I purchase gallons again I hope it will come back. I think offering that or a regular 16 ounce bottle and sprayer would be an excellent idea. This company seems to always work for the consumer, not against the consumer and that is rare these days.

Friends, a question:  If you received an empty bottle with each gallon purchased, would that be an acceptable solution to this issue?  Nearly all off-the-shelf products that are offered by our competitors have a ratchet sprayer, and it won't come off.  Even to refill.

Maybe have that as an option on the new website?  Offer 1 Gallon or 1 Gallon plus empty bottle.

Friends, a question:  If you received an empty bottle with each gallon purchased, would that be an acceptable solution to this issue?  Nearly all off-the-shelf products that are offered by our competitors have a ratchet sprayer, and it won't come off.  Even to refill.

Our goods have gallon, 5-gallon, and 55-gallon refill options.  Hence, the bottles are used  much.   Would you say the idea of a new bottle with each gallon purchased would solve this problem?

Adam, great idea and one I'd wholeheartedly support, but I don't think it needs to be included for every single purchase, more of an "add on" to your order, at perhaps a nominal upgrade cost.  For a couple reasons:

1)  Sometimes as we know, after a couple years of use, some may want a "fresh bottle and sprayer" with their gallon refill, even though we the bottle is still functional, it may have endured some wear, be a bit banged up, etc.

2)  I tend to use a decent amount of your products around my home, and like to have another 16 oz labeled bottle to keep in the house or basement for home use.  In the past I have had to purchase additional 16 oz filled bottles, although I refill most of your products from gallons anyway.  (Glass Cleaner, C&U Cleaner, if you have Leather furniture the L&I Cleaner for couches and the Conditioner as well, MFR&B in the Laundry Room, APC around the house, Detail Spray/Waterless Wash to Clean/Shine in the kitchen, furniture, etc)

3)  Some products, one might want to purchase in a gallon straight from the start, depending on your use (For example, I would probably buy MFR&B, and DWC in gallons to start) and we don't necessarily want to buy a full 16 oz as well, for continuity on the shelf and ease of future refills, which leads me to #4....

4) Although the Kwazar is a great option, for the majority of OCD members like myself, adding the unlabeled Kwazars that don't populate my full garage racks "stick out like a sore thumb", i.e. if I was going to do Kwazars I would want all my products in them from Adam's, not just a couple.

Some of your competitors yes I have seen do use the Red/White ratcheting spray head, it is removable, but not easy by any means as its like a safety cap on a medicine bottle, and is a different thread, so does not work with the refill funnel.

I 100% support the option for an empty, labeled clear 16 oz. bottle with sprayer with a gallon purchase (an "Add on to purchase" tab would be great!).  I see it is already offered with the Tire Shine refill pack on the website and I think it should definitely be an option with all gallon purchases, and I see no problem with it being an added cost.

I.E. if the empty, unlabeled bottle with Sprayer now sells for $6.95 in the accessories section, if that was the "add on cost" to a gallon purchase to include an empty, but LABELED bottle with sprayer to your gallon purchase, that would work perfect.  I obviously don't expect you guys as a company to start sending free, labeled, empty bottles with each regular priced gallon purchase.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Awesome input!   So, if we were to put an option on each gallon, for a few bucks, say $4.95, to include one of our standard spray bottles with a generic Adam's label, one that you could write the product name with a Sharpie, would that be a good plan?

Awesome input! So, if we were to put an option on each gallon, for a few bucks, say $4.95, to include one of our standard spray bottles with a generic Adam's label, one that you could write the product name with a Sharpie, would that be a good plan?

Personally, I think it would be better to have the label of that product on there, but that works too.

Awesome input!   So, if we were to put an option on each gallon, for a few bucks, say $4.95, to include one of our standard spray bottles with a generic Adam's label, one that you could write the product name with a Sharpie, would that be a good plan?

Options are always good.  However - I'd rather pay $20 for a full bottle than $5 for an empty one.

Thats not a bad idea at all Adam.  Keeps the continuity on the shelf happy, would also be great if you wanted to keep one bottle for strict dilutions that you don't want to mix up. (say Rinseless 1:3 as Detail Spray or 1:16 as Waterless, diluted VRT "milk", diluted APC, diluted interior cleaner)

I'd venture to say replace the empty unlabeled bottle on the website for $6.95 as well and include the generic label on it as well so it could be bought as a standalone for people who just might need an empty bottle but wanted one that could be labeled as well fairly easily.

EDIT:  I still think an option like this is the best, although I'm aware its probably not the easiest to implement from a company standpoint (adding pre-labeled bottles as an add-on to a gallon purchase)

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-1106-adams-tire-shine-refill-kit.aspx

1106.jpg

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Yes. That is a good plan. Giving me the option to buy an empty bottle at a reduced price sounds like the way to go.

If I needed an extra or replacement bottle I would not be interested in a generic label.  I think it would be much better to have the actual product label.

Getting a bottle with the product label would also be good for giving out samples to friends and family.  I have a few empty bottles saved that I plan to fill with about 4oz of product and then give them out to people who would likely buy some of the good stuff if they tried it and liked it, rather than what they had been using from Walmart or the auto parts store.

Of course I would ask them to return the bottle if they did not plan on buying gallon refills themselves, as this would also give me the chance to give them a good slap!

:lolsmack:

• 3 weeks later...

i just noticed my APC was leaking as well and its not cracked, seems to be seeping though the actual bottle, i thought i spilled it but its leaving rings of APC on my cart so i moved it to hanging from the side and sure enough its dripping down the cart now, damn!

• 1 month later...

Our goods have gallon, 5-gallon, and 55-gallon refill options.  Hence, the bottles are used  much.   Would you say the idea of a new bottle with each gallon purchased would solve this problem?

I think this would raise what already seems to be a very high bar for the company.

I have not had a problem with any leakage until just in the last two weeks. I have plenty of APC (about 3 gal.) and also four 16oz. bottles which three were still new as I was re-filling the same 16oz. bottle that I used all the time. Well a few weeks ago I picked up one of the new 16oz. bottles and noticed it was not full. Then I seen were it ran down the back of the shelf it was sitting on in my basement. Checked bottle and it has a leak somewhere but I cannot actually see where it is coming from. Also checked the other bottles in my supplies and found one of the other APC bottles just leaking a little bit. Seems to be by the seem. All of the other bottles of product are fine. Is it something in the APC that is eating the plastic? The gallon jugs do not seem to be made out of the same plastic and so far no leaks in them. Maybe making the APC 16oz, bottles out of a different material might help. Just my 2 cents.

I have not had a problem with any leakage until just in the last two weeks. I have plenty of APC (about 3 gal.) and also four 16oz. bottles which three were still new as I was re-filling the same 16oz. bottle that I used all the time. Well a few weeks ago I picked up one of the new 16oz. bottles and noticed it was not full. Then I seen were it ran down the back of the shelf it was sitting on in my basement. Checked bottle and it has a leak somewhere but I cannot actually see where it is coming from. Also checked the other bottles in my supplies and found one of the other APC bottles just leaking a little bit. Seems to be by the seem. All of the other bottles of product are fine. Is it something in the APC that is eating the plastic? The gallon jugs do not seem to be made out of the same plastic and so far no leaks in them. Maybe making the APC 16oz, bottles out of a different material might help. Just my 2 cents.

Perhaps I wont be keeping my leather/interor cleaner in my new compact travel bag !

Edited by Rick72