Customer Service 866.965.0400

1967 Chevelle SS Detail

JBlack151

1967 Chevelle SS

One of my clients recently purchased a beautiful 1967 Chevelle SS a few months back since it was the exact car he had when he was 17 years old. I too have a relation with the same car since my friend purchased one in high school that I helped restore. We had so many great times in that car cruising the streets of Newport Beach and our home town of Chino.

Wheels & Tires I started off the day working with some APC and GWC. The fender wells needed a good scrubbing and the tires got a nice coating of some Super VRT. As for the rally wheels, I attacked those with some BG on the chrome areas to give them a nice shine. Of course I couldn’t let the fender wells go without a good application of Invisible Undercarriage Spray Dressing.

Engine Bay Overall everything was in pretty good shape. However I knew some APC and In & Out Spray would make this thing stand out. Also I topped off the chrome air filter with some BG as well to give it a little extra pop. Another step I took was a Lugnut Brush and the 2 smaller Wheel Woolies to get in all those hard to reach areas that had been ignored over the years.

Interior Not much I could have done overall to improve what was an already well kept interior. I wiped down all the vinyl with some Leather & Interior Cleaner and some Utility Towels and did some spot treatments on the carpet with some Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. I topped off all the painted pieces of the dash and door panels with some Revive Polish and Brilliant Glaze. These are always my 2 favorite products when working on the painted pieces within the classics I’ve been fortunate to clean. The last step was to top off the glass off with some Glass Cleaner for the win.

Exterior Let me start off by saying I love this color blue that come on the late 60’s Chevelle’s. I polished a 68 Chevelle a few months back with the same color. When I arrived early in the morning I pulled the Chevelle out of the garage and into the sunlight and enjoyed my pumpkin coffee as I walked around the paint to inspect my plan of attack. The imperfections were so minor that when I tried to show the owner he could not see them. I guess it’s the curse of the “detailer eye” we all love to hate…..to love! I got started hosing off the car and could see this had a hefty coat of wax on her. I did a 2 Bucket Strip Wash with the Car Shampoo and APC to make sure I could get most of that removed. The Merino Wool Wash Mitt was the right tool for the task and regardless of what others feel, this thing holds suds like crazy and I love it.

After the wash and a sheet rinse I dried up the remaining water with the magnificent GWDT and showed those nooks, emblems and trim whose boss with the Master Blaster Sidekick. Once complete I pushed the clutch to the floor and fired up the 396 only to want to take this awesome car for a spin around the neighborhood. So instead I pulled her 20 feet forward into the garage and convinced myself I just came back from a nice cruise on the parkway. I began clay barring the car along with some Detail Spray and Waterless Wash Microfiber Towels. Like most of the vehicles in my customer’s fleet, I found lots of overspray and areas of heavy black paint dots on the rear quarter panel and front fender. Then it was time to bust out the Professional Detailers Masking Tape on all the trim and emblems. From there I was ready to get my “Flex” on. SHR was the first stage and after one complete pass I pulled her back out into the sun and give a look on the results. I decided one more pass would be needed before moving on to some FMP and Revive.

Now one to the “Face Melt” process. Brilliant Glaze was up first. I just absolutely love this stuff. Besides the paint I applied some onto all the chrome as well. From there it was time to bust out the Americana and a fresh Double Soft Microfiber Towel. Once completed it was some to pull her back out into the driveway, and put on a drooling bib while I snapped some pictures.

I just want to step away from speaking about this detail to thank Adam Pitale and all the crew for providing the most amazing products in the industry. My level of cars I get to work on has stepped up purely because people are speechless when they see the results from Adam’s Polishes. Thank you for helping me achieve this and also thank you to Dylan, Mook and all the other staff at Adam’s for all the support here on the forum and for the best customer service!

Now onto the fine line of Adam’s products used.

-Adam’s Ultimate Fire Hose Car Wash Nozzle

-Adam’s All Purpose Cleaner

-Adam’s Fender & Tire Brush

-Adam’s Green Wheel Cleaner

-Adam’s Boulder Blond Boars Hair Wheel Brush

-Adam’s Car Wash Shampoo (With All Purpose Cleaner Strip Wash)

-Adam’s Double Car Wash Grit Guard Bucket Kit & Caddy

-Adam’s Ultimate Merino Wool Car Wash Mitt

-Adam's Lugnut Brush

-Adam’s Great White Microfiber Drying Towels

-Adam’s Blaster Sidekick Dryer by MetroVac

-Adam’s Waterless Wash

-Adam’s Waterless Wash Waffle Towels

-Adam’s Invisible Undercarriage Spray Dressing

-Adam’s Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing

-Adam’s Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator

-Adam’s Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towels

-Adam’s VRT Super Block Dressing Applicators

-Adam’s In & Out Spray

-Adam’s Detailing Clay Bar

-Adam’s Detail Spray

-Adam’s Professional Detailers Masking Tape

-Adam’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

-Adam’s Carpet Cleaning Brush

-Adam’s Glass Cleaner

-Adam’s Glass Cleaning Towels

-Adam’s American Pride Heavy Duty Detailers 50’ Extension Cord

-Flex XC 3401 VRG Polisher

-Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish & Orange Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Fine Machine Polish & White Polishing Pad

-Adam’s Revive Polish & BLUE Hex Grip Applicator

-Adam’s Brilliant Glaze

-Adam’s Americana Premium Wax & Glaze Applicators

-Adam’s Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Wax

-Adam's Single Soft Towels

-Adam's Double Soft Towels

-Adam’s Pro Detailers Cart

-Adam’s Rolling Detail Seat

And here are the results……….

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone! :2thumbs:

Yes! Beauty, beauty, beauty!:drool: At first I thought this car was a time capsule, but there's no way it looked that good even when it was new. The reflection shots are impressive.:glasses:

Also, I have to chuckle at the practicality of a floor-mounted tach, although I admit it's a very cool piece.

Edited by Redbeard

Also, I have to chuckle at the practicality of a floor-mounted tach, although I admit it's a very cool piece.

That is the original console clock which was/is usually replaced by a tach by some people. I agree with the practicality of that as well.

Beautiful car and results.

My Dad had that same car in high school, I believe the same color too. I love the old Chevelle's, the 1970 SS 454 in my all-time favorite muscle car. One day...... one day :D

*my sig is a concept Chevelle, if GM made it, I'd be all over it :bow:

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing job on an amazing car! That color looks extremely close to this Camaro I did earlier this year. http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/cars/16980.htm

Beautiful car and results.

My Dad had that same car in high school, I believe the same color too. I love the old Chevelle's, the 1970 SS 454 in my all-time favorite muscle car. One day...... one day :D

*my sig is a concept Chevelle, if GM made it, I'd be all over it :bow:

I've wondered for a long time what kind of car was in your signature. Now I know. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...