Customer Service 866.965.0400

07 Corvette's Buttery Revive-al

Redbeard

First off, I apologize for no "before" pics, but it was already getting dark when I started the wash and clay process. Also, the "after" pics don't really give the full impression of how shiny it is now due to the shade. However, this gives me a reason to take it out for some location shots.:glasses:

This is my Dad's car that was his daily driver for 5 years (the Silverado crew cab in the background was recently acquired to handle those duties, and will likely be my next project). It's always been garaged at night and he's washed it with "off the shelf" products but the paint was in decent shape, just lacking shine and water beading and needed a little more cleaning than simply washing could provide. I always clean it up when I borrow it, but this is the first time I've had a chance to give it the multi-stage attention it's been lacking.

I was able to really improve the polished wheels by clay/polish/wax/sealing them just like the paint, but I'm open to input from others on how to really get these to look their best. (I didn't get the barrels because I was pressed for time.)

The good news is Dad was very impressed with the results and with the Adam's products.:thumbsup: I gave him a copy of the Volume 8 DVD and saved the site to his favorites, so he will soon be a convert.

2 bucket strip wash with Adams shampoo and 2oz All Purpose Cleaner

Green Wheel Cleaner

clay bar

Waterless Wash

Revive Polish

Buttery wax

(plenty of Detail Spray as needed)

Quick Sealant on nose and wheels

Invisible Undercarriage Spray

SVRT or In & Out spray as necessary

Leather & Interior cleaner

Edited by Redbeard

I see what you mean from the video when thinking QS can be used as a top coat. Since you only did the front clip of the Vette it will be fine, however the QS will only last as long (or most likely less) as the Buttery it was applied on top of.

I believe what Dylan meant when using before a road trip is that you're simply applying the QS for the trip(s) to save yourself from spending extra time removing grime and bug guts the next time you wash. Not that you will get the overall protection from this process that the QS is normally capable of.

Sealants need to be applied to bare paint for it to bond correctly. Therefore, polish -> sealant -> glaze -> wax as Nick mentioned.

Edited by JBlack151

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to take her out for some photos in the sunlight.:glasses:

Despite claying, I still notice what appears to be overspray in some spots, particularly the rear glass. I guess I'll have to use something more aggressive next time; yet another reason I need to go ahead and buy a Flex.:pc: