Customer Service 866.965.0400

Running water lines

pvoltmer

Question

I have a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 and after I wash it, I dry it. But, water always hides behind the door mouldings and I don't have a Blaster to use to get the water that's hiding back there. But that's only half the issue. The rest of it is, it's almost like it's "stained" where the water comes off the corners of the molding and I can't get it to come clean (clay bar, pressure washer, etc). Would polishing it out work? (Don't have any type of polishing system but have plans on buying the PC)

Thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

Ralfy,

Thanks for the help! The entire truck looks good, but then you have those areas that just look like crap, and it's irritating. I'll look into buying that! I want the entire PC kit (beginner kit) but I have other things to pay for first. :(

Again, thanks!

No problem man keep on shining!! Like I said try the revive and see how it works out for you man. The pc is great, I started with it, and after my first two corrections I already wanted a flex. Haha

I'm sure I'll want a flex too, but the price difference is what gets me... I have about $1100/month to pay back on my student loans on top of all of my other bills. It gets pretty tight towards the end of each month. :( Oh well, I'll live!

As a cheaper alternative to the blaster, I would recommend the sidekick to prevent those water leaks from happening in the first place. While it is inefficient in drying the entire car, it does a great job getting into the nooks/crannies of the vehicle. :)

before washing, i like to liberally spray the edge of the moldings with waterless wash. this helps break up the dirt stuck behind it, so when your done washing, the water that streams from behind it isn't dirty.

that "stain" is just deposits left from your tap water. looks like you have hard water. if claying doesn't remove it, next step is polishing it.

to prevent this in the future, get the blaster sidekick which is only $72 +shipping with the forum discount