Customer Service 866.965.0400

Did I ruin my Great White?

K5/TBSS

Question

Well last weekend my gf was doing laundry and threw in my Great White with a load of whites and washed it with just regular detergent and fabric softener... :mad: After a calm and collected come to Jesus meeting with her... I rewashed it with the microfiber revitalizer... Then last week I washed and dried my TBSS and noticed the dreaded "marks" typically left by drying with a dirty rag... So my question is, did I ruin my Great White? Or should I wash it a few more times with revitalizer and hope it "cleans" it out? I don't mind at all purchasing a new drying towel, but only want do if it's necessary... TIA.

12 answers to this question

Boil it!

THIS!

Get a big noodle pan out, fill it up with water, get a rolling boil going, add 2oz. of White Vinegar, grab your tongs, NOT thongs, and get that baby boiled out for a good minute. From there, re-wash, and then see if you get better results! :2thumbs:

tell the gf she just became the daily special, ha!

If it were mine, it would have been, "thanks for picking up my GWT on the next Daily Special :lolsmack:"

Thanks for the advice! I guess I should have searched first, but once I saw the marks I freaked out! Yeah, I was going to say something along those lines to her, but she already felt HORRIBLE. She did say she would pay for a new one... Perhaps I could cash that in on something else??? (Keep your minds out of the gutter)

Boiling was kind of a pain, but well worth it. It really brought back my great whites to their prime.

Sounds like you got a sweet girlfriend. My ex would have lectured me for 30 minutes about how ungrateful I am that she tried to clean the place up :D

"tis better to have loved and lost than to have been stuck with that big sack of crazy the rest of your life." -Unknown

Hahahhahaa ^^^ True statement.

I really couldn't give her too much grief about it... She had done ALL of my laundry and only later did I realize what she'd done... My gallon of revitalizer is coming in today. She swears she won't make that mistake again :)