Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adhesive

RSCamaro

Question

Greetings Friends!

A buddy of mine recently purchased a new Challenger...the car is white and is a real beauty!

The car came with one of those pesky dealership stickers on the bumper...which was just kidn of slapped on there, crooked and everything!

Anyways, he peeled the sticker off and now he has quite a bit of adhesive residue on the painted plastic bumper. He has asked me what the best way to remove this is and now I am asking my very knowledgable Adam's community! :2thumbs:

I don't have an eraser wheel or clay bar :( Think anything else will work or will I have to go shopping?

Thanks guys!

9 answers to this question

i'm assuming this is on a vertical portion of the car like the bumper? squirt the area with goo-gone while holding a microfiber towel below it to catch any drips. hold the towel over the area and let it soak for a couple minutes. wipe it clean. there will be some goo-gone residue left, spray some waterless wash or detail spray over the area and wipe clean.

also some food for thought, goo-gone removes wax

i'm assuming this is on a vertical portion of the car like the bumper? squirt the area with goo-gone while holding a microfiber towel below it to catch any drips. hold the towel over the area and let it soak for a couple minutes. wipe it clean. there will be some goo-gone residue left, spray some waterless wash or detail spray over the area and wipe clean.

also some food for thought, goo-gone removes wax

:iagree:Goo-Gone or WD40. Definitely apply wax when finished.

Recently renewed registration and previous sticker left glue on the window, I used a few squirts of Detail Spray and Edgeless Utility towel and that did the job on adhesive that has baked in the sun for 1 year. But it may be the dealer designs the sticker in a way to be a hassle to remove it. Good luck!

p.s. got to get some goo-gone for back up!