Customer Service 866.965.0400

few questions about machine super sealant

hemi1300

Question

been using the porter cable quite a bit lately, going good so far. Only problem is with the machine super sealant. Every time i do a final wipe it is very difficult to remove, have to use ds to do a final wipe bc it's so tough to wipe off the paint. Waited the recommended 20 or 30 minutes, and still tough to remove. Am i just applying too much? Waiting too long for removal? Another question, since it's so quick and easy to apply mss (other than removal lol), anybody just use it for a quick wax after a 2 bucket wash, or is it just meant for the 3 or 4 step process? Would be much easier if i wanted to wax the truck and used the porter cable to apply the product, much faster. Just trying to find more uses for the pc bc i can't find anymore imperfections in my paint lol

3 answers to this question

Sounds like you're using too much product. What are the temperatures like? MSS shouldn't be difficult to remove.

Also, if you want just a quick wax after a wash I would go with Buttery Wax. I used it for my GF's Subaru in the direct sun. Started with the hood and waxed the entire car before coming back to remove it effortlessly. Took a total of probably 20 minutes and you only need 3 things: applicator, product, microfiber for removal. That stuff is seriously the easiest wax to remove.

I find it cumbersome to drag out the machine just to apply a sealant/wax, but if I already have it out when polishing, then I'll use it.

These guys are correct.

Most every time a product is difficult to remove its because its been applied a little too heavy. Try thinning out your application some. MSS doesn't require a whole lot to get the job done.

Also to aid in removal you can use Adam's trick with a towel and the PC (jump to about the 11:50 mark)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8P2DhP_TE&hd=1&t=11m58s]Adam's Polishes Vol. 7 - Chapter 15 - Porter Cable Polishing - YouTube[/ame]