Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mag Industries - Maglite - 'Customer Service'

02Xtreme07ss

Sigh, another 'Proud to be American' company that doesn't seem to be very helpful. I probably have about a dozen different Maglites; some are over 20 years old. All of which still work as intended. They build a great product, almost indestructible, but their 'customer service' is pretty poor.

I recently purchased another Maglite to keep in my truck. As I always do, I checked to make sure the spare bulb was in the end cap. Sure enough, it was, but it wasn't like the bulb that was already installed in the housing. I pulled the bulb to make sure it would fit and what do you know, it does not. The ID of the bulb retainer is too small to fit over the OD of the replacement bulb making the replacement bulb completely unusable. So, I emailed their customer service to ask if they had a proposed solution. The response:

"They are different bulb retainers, you can call our parts and have them send you the older style retainers."

Or you (since you do work in 'customer service') could just hit 'forward' and send the email to the appropriate department, but OK, I can do YOUR job for you. No problem. As a result, this will be the last Maglite I purchase. I just hope I don't ever need the spare bulb. I expect this sort of 'service' from an overseas company, but not from a US based company.

Long Live Adam's Premium Customer Service - :bow:

• 1 month later...

Its to bad more companies don't have the customer service that Adams has. But at least they are U.S.A. made.

Personally I never cared for the Maglite Flashlights until they came out with their LED line, which the 2D version is like a spot light in your hand (which also basically you'll never have to replace the LED bulb).

Not very "above and beyond" customer service you would expect. I hate entitlement, but this is not the case. They screwed up, so they should deal with the problem!

On a "lighter" side of American companies (at least I think they are :)). I bought my parents a Vitamix for Christmas, as it's changed the way I eat, so I thought they would enjoy it. Well, they sent them the wrong lid for the 64 oz container. My dad called customer service, on Wed, and they had the part by Friday. Included in the box, a bunch of free goodies for the inconvienence. Sorry to threadjack, just thought I would lighten your mood. haha

Not very "above and beyond" customer service you would expect. I hate entitlement, but this is not the case. They screwed up, so they should deal with the problem!

On a "lighter" side of American companies (at least I think they are :)). I bought my parents a Vitamix for Christmas, as it's changed the way I eat, so I thought they would enjoy it. Well, they sent them the wrong lid for the 64 oz container. My dad called customer service, on Wed, and they had the part by Friday. Included in the box, a bunch of free goodies for the inconvienence. Sorry to threadjack, just thought I would lighten your mood. haha

Vitamix is from Ohio. Very good customer with excellent products and service.