Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lower back pain

Beemer

Question

I just finished a rather extensive three-day detailing marathon and experienced some lower back muscle strain pain after using my PC for several hours. It seems to be from reaching across the roof of the car as well as reaching across the hood.

It went away pretty quickly after a good night's sleep but when I mentioned it to the wife she suggested one of those back belts they wear at Home Depot (among countless other places) might help.

Have any of you guys experienced this? Would a back belt help?

15 answers to this question

Here is my opinion about those back belts. If you use one on a regular basis your back muscles become weaker because of the dependency of the back brace. Thus when you do have injury it is worse because your muscles are weaker.

Interesting. Since I only do the polishing twice a year I'm not real worried about that but I do agree that good habits while using your back go MUCH further than any back brace ever could....

I learned one thing from my back injury in the Spring when I had 2 herniated discs which is in this thread. Never use heat on lower back pain, only ice. The best thing is to apply ice packs in the evening before you go to bed. When in bed put a pillow under your legs/knees.

I wish you the best. Back pain is no joke and you just want anything to work to make the pain go away!

Good luck sir! :thumbsup:

i used to have a back belt for lifting weights when i played foosball. it was all fabric with a plastic buckle. a lot of the ones you'll find are leather with metal buckles = scratches if it touches the paint.

IIRC, it was nike

interesting info about back braces:

Wearing A Back Brace | LIVESTRONG.COM

read #4

My secret to no back pain whilst detailing and after is Advil or as I call it Dadvil. Half an hour before starting I take two with a big ol' glass of water. Then I make sure to stay hydrated and repeat Dadvil until done. After I'm done it's hot shower time and one more dose before bed. For my old carcass this works but YMMV.