Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick sealant and washing rims

tony97gt

Question

Last week I applied quick sealant on my wife's BMW rims because the brake dust is horrible. I was hoping this would make it easier when cleaning them. My question is, how should I clean them to avoid stripping the qs off? I normally spray apc on there and scrub the dust off, but won't this strip the sealant?

8 answers to this question

You can use a few ounces of car wash shampoo with water in a spray bottle, works great and won't strip your sealant. I use this when the wheels aren't terribly dirty.

^This is what I do - the least aggressive method first - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/wheels-trim-undercarriage-engine-bay-detailing/10776.htm.

Order a 36oz bottle with foaming sprayer. Go .5 oz car shampoo...into the bottle already full of water to the shoulder. Shake, and enjoy your new wheel wash!

I would also suggest ceramic brake pads. GWC or APC even diluted will lead to a lesser QS life.

Thx for the info. Guess I shoulda ordered it with my $200 black friday order a few days ago instead of paying $7.95 to ship an empty bottle. Lol. I'll get it on the next go round I guess.

I was going to say just select the smartpost shipping, but they removed those and replaced it with the flat rate shipping. That just goes to show you that I haven't ordered anything since the flat rate shipping was introduced :loser: