Customer Service 866.965.0400

Last of the Ford ranger trucks

Nascar36

post-6623-136818091215_thumb.jpg

2011 was the last year for the Ford Ranger truck. I picked it up on Christmas Eve 2011 and every week it gets to go to the " Adams Spa " in my driveway. I still think Ford made a grave mistake discontinuing a great American made truck. Thought I might share a picture after this weeks spa trip.:patriot:

Had me a 2004, extended cab edge. 4x4, 4.0L, auto, black on black.

Loved that truck. Terrible gas mileage, 17MPG.

wish I had pictures

tap a talka thingy

Yes, that is true. They are not the best in fuel economy. Mine bounces from 16 to 18 mpg. My last one was a 2004 2wd, 5 speed. It got about 20. Red in color. I don't miss having to shift all the time in traffic on my way to and from work everyday.

Stop it! Your making me miss mine =( Though I love my Harley F150, at times I still wish I had my old '03 back. Wish I could have kept it and had both. I think its a mistake though that Ford is no longer making the Ranger.

truck2007.jpg

truck2010.jpg

Ford is still making them elsewhere in the world. I have been seeing quite a few around here on base. Diesel powered, foor doors and pretty good looking in my opinion. I think they would do well in the States, except they are quite a bigger than the outgoing model and I am sure Ford wouldnt want a model not much smaller than a F150.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(T6)

Ford is still making them elsewhere in the world. I have been seeing quite a few around here on base. Diesel powered, foor doors and pretty good looking in my opinion. I think they would do well in the States, except they are quite a bigger than the outgoing model and I am sure Ford wouldnt want a model not much smaller than a F150.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(T6)

Yeah the overseas versions have always been nicer IMO. From my understanding though, Ford never wanted to sell the 4door ranger here in the states because they thought it would take sales away from the supercrew F150. Not sure why we never saw a diesel option.

I really wish the small truck world would come back. It's not going to, at least for Ford. Chevy is making a smaller truck.

tap a talka thingy

We need a DIESEL: If GM, Ford, or Toyota offered a mid-sized truck that could get 30mpg highway and pull 5000 lbs, I'd have a very, very hard time resisting.

Stop it! Your making me miss mine =( Though I love my Harley F150, at times I still wish I had my old '03 back. Wish I could have kept it and had both. I think its a mistake though that Ford is no longer making the Ranger.

truck2007.jpg

truck2010.jpg

Nice truck Derek. I understand why you miss it.