Customer Service 866.965.0400

Nano Coatings

Time to apply Opti-coat 1-2 hrs, curing time 6 hours, can only be purchased by selected professionals and application requires an experience professional to avoid extensive damage to factory paintwork.

Time to apply Adam's Brilliant Glaze and Americana 45-60 mins, minimal curing time and can be purchased by any one and easy to apply. The shine result.... priceless!

I'll have to disagree with you on application and Opticoat 2.0 can be purchased by anyone.

I think that permanent coating and nano coating are not for everyone, most people enjoy waxing their cars, these coatings last ~ 2 years with minimal maintenance.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me. I've been using OptiCoat for a bit over a year and love it.

I agree we purchased a new 2012 focus and as soon as it got home I polished it to perfection and applied opti coat 2.0 it was easy to apply and has worked well in the 7 months it's been on the car I do apply Americana or other carnauba wax to get more depth out of the paint.

MSS might as well be a nano coating. that stuff would last for months on my daily driven truck that used to be parked outdoors 24/7! most i got out of it before reapplication was 8 months, with a proper 2 bucket wash every 2-4 weeks. even at that point water would still bead somewhat.

i'm currently testing how long the QS lasts on it, and so far its held up since September with no signs of degradation!

Very timely post. I was just introduced to this type of product. It wasn't opti 2. It was c-quartz. While I understand the car needs to be 100%. It is still intriguing to me to use on my wife's van. Something I don't wax often and don't care to think about it for a looooong time.

Thanks for bringing it up. I found the thread very interesting.

Very timely post. I was just introduced to this type of product. It wasn't opti 2. It was c-quartz. While I understand the car needs to be 100%. It is still intriguing to me to use on my wife's van. Something I don't wax often and don't care to think about it for a looooong time.

Thanks for bringing it up. I found the thread very interesting.

That's what I used it for (the family mobile) , didn't produce the desired results.

via Tapatalk, excuse my spelling please.

I understand what you guys are saying. And I can see both sides of the deal. Truly I do.

The QS & MSS have always treated me INCREDIBLY well. And I always top them off with Americana. This combo has yielded me with TONS of shine and fantastic protection. After a few washes, I'll reapply a fresh coat of Americana to further the extent of protection.

I'm sure Nano Sealants offer incredibly strong protection. I'm just slightly concerned about if I need to polish a small area, after its application, like Dylan said. I'm SUPER looking forward to the release of Adam's cutting compound that's in testing. But as for protection.....I LOVE and will adhere to my QS, MSS, APW combos. :)

I've merged all "nano" talk into one thread.

I get people wanting to protect their vehicles as long as possible, but with AQS I've been able to go 6+ months through salt, sand, and snow and still have it beading in the spring.

It's easy to apply, and there's no hard removal if/when you need to re-correct later.

IMO, these NANO protectants would be great on semi trucks, and other commercial vehicles that aren't able to be babied as much. For me, it's a waste. I apply AQS twice a year and my car looks great.

Chris

I've merged all "nano" talk into one thread.

I get people wanting to protect their vehicles as long as possible, but with AQS I've been able to go 6+ months through salt, sand, and snow and still have it beading in the spring.

It's easy to apply, and there's no hard removal if/when you need to re-correct later.

IMO, these NANO protectants would be great on semi trucks, and other commercial vehicles that aren't able to be babied as much. For me, it's a waste. I apply AQS twice a year and my car looks great.

Chris

I'm pretty much with Chris on this discussion. The "nano" stuff has possibilities but I have never been disappointed with the length that Adam's products have lasted. I have always thought that both Quick Sealant and Machine Super Sealant both offered great lasting protection, and I have always been impressed with how long Buttery Wax lasted. Same with Americana, and couple that with regular applications of Quick Detailer, I don't see how the nano-coatings can really be much better. Lastly I've always like the fact that it's almost impossible to mess up application of any of Adam's products, so until Adam's comes up with a nano coating, I'm not much interested in one.

Thank you for the input. Shine on!

Nano-coatings are definitely interesting, but they're also still very much in their 'infancy'.

We don't have any current plans to offer one due to the high risk of amateur application (this is the type of thing you have to consider when all your products are backed with a 110% satisfaction guarantee)

A coating like this is a 'clear coat for your clear coat" essentially... so theres a few things that have to happen first.

1) The paint has to be 100% corrected. The coating will lock out the elements long term, but it will also lock in imperfections underneath it. How many threads have we had here where someone seals/waxes their car only to discover they missed a spot? Its no big deal with traditional wax/poly sealant products... strip and start over. With a coating it has to literally be abraded from the surface with compound or you have to live with the imperfections.

2) Ease of use - as everyone has come to expect our stuff is generally pretty darn easy to use with very wide margins for error. The coatings require a bit more skill to apply appropriately and can have big problems if done wrong. Again here I point back to the first reason and the 110% guarantee.

Have we played with the coatings? Yes. Are we actively working on our own... not really. Will we eventually? Probably as the technology improves and we can find a solution that suits our customers needs the right way. The last thing we want to do is put a product in our customers hands that we aren't confident they can use easily and without fear of "OOPS" factors coming into play.

I'm sure as everyone here has seen there are occasional threads where someone doesn't read the label, or doesn't follow our recommended process and gets unexpected results. The last thing we want to do is have a semi permanent coating with our name on it if theres a high possibility of error or misuse.

As like what chewy was saying I applied same combo back in Aug and even with the sleet and snow this morning my ride still beads water and shines like a champ....now I'll probably have some corrections due to 1"thick ice under all that sleet and snow.....but it happens

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

As like what chewy was saying I applied same combo back in Aug and even with the sleet and snow this morning my ride still beads water and shines like a champ....now I'll probably have some corrections due to 1"thick ice under all that sleet and snow.....but it happens

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You will and I always do, but it shouldn't be horrible! :2thumbs:

Just use a coin-op touch less with straight water immediately after every snow fall to get the salt off and you'll make your spring cleaning MUCH easier!! ;)