Customer Service 866.965.0400

freshly detailed. keep up with Americana or buttery?

FarbeyondDriven

Question

Hey guys. im just getting into the adams familys and am wondering what i should do once i get my paint perfect.

So once I get some free time, my trailblazer SS will get the full correction. Severe swirl remover, swirl and haze, fine machine polish, then super sealant. The next day after letting the sealant cure, ill follow up with brilliant glaze and americana combo.

My question is, once ive gotten to that point, do i follow up with buttery, or americana? what are the benefits of each? Lets say a month later i wanna throw a coat of wax on, why would i choose one over the other??? Kinda confused on this one.

Personally id like to use the americana because i like the paste wax, and love applying wax by hand vs the porter cable, and i find applying a liquid type wax (like buttery) by hand to be a little annoying. (personal prefrence i guess)

Anyway, any pointers you guys can give me? Thanks guys!

9 answers to this question

The Americana will last longer. The buttery is more forgiving when applying in extreme cold or heat. Also, the thing I prefer about the Buttery is that you can wax the entire vehicle then come back and remove it. The Americana, if left on too long, could become a bear to remove.

If you like applying the Americana then go ahead and use that if temps are reasonable.

I'd say the Americana is a little more difficult to remove in certain climates. The Buttery has the ease of use and versatility going for it because it can be applied 2 diferent ways. I do love the extra protection you get with the Americana.

The way I will do it for some cars is do the Americana initially after a polish and once a month or so (4-6 washes) apply a coat of Buttery.

Hey guys. im just getting into the adams familys and am wondering what i should do once i get my paint perfect.

So once I get some free time, my trailblazer SS will get the full correction. Severe swirl remover, swirl and haze, fine machine polish, then super sealant. The next day after letting the sealant cure, ill follow up with brilliant glaze and americana combo.

My question is, once ive gotten to that point, do i follow up with buttery, or americana? what are the benefits of each? Lets say a month later i wanna throw a coat of wax on, why would i choose one over the other??? Kinda confused on this one.

Personally id like to use the americana because i like the paste wax, and love applying wax by hand vs the porter cable, and i find applying a liquid type wax (like buttery) by hand to be a little annoying. (personal prefrence i guess)

Anyway, any pointers you guys can give me? Thanks guys!

Hey man how ya doin?!

Once you perfect your paint a couple things I would suggest:

Getting a Merino Wool Mit for the upper 2/3 of your SS and a 9x9 Wash Pad for the lower 1/3, for your washes. Make sure you are using the Two Bucket Method with Grit Guards. If you can, use forced air (pref. filtered and heated) to dry it off...something like the Sidekick or Master Blaster. Once you have all the water off, take a Single Soft Towel or Great White Drying Towel with some Detail Spray to touch it up.

As far as Waxing goes...this is MY personal preference for maintaining an Award Winning, Face Melting Shine. In about 6 weeks from your Big Correction/Sealant/Wax day, apply some BG. Two weeks later, apply some BG then some APW. I keep myself in this rotation all year, with a strip wash and re-seal with QS about 2x a year, or as often as I clay.

Hope this helps.

Mook:2thumbs:

Edited by Mook@Adams