Customer Service 866.965.0400

Firehawk

Holder

So I've always loved Pontiac Firehawk, especially the LS1 models. I decided it was time to pull the trigger on one and will making the drive from Wichita, KS to St. Louis, MO this Saturday to pick it up. I'm kinda nervous becaus I've only seen pictures. It's a 2000 Black on Black Firehawk, 6 Speed with 74K miles. I really can't wait to get it home and get her all shined up.

What's interesting about this car is that it was a Pilot car 1 of 5 that was used by SLP to promote the 2001 10th anniversary car. It originally had all the 10th anniversary badging and gold wheels. The following year it was used as a 2002 model to promote the 02 Firehawks, Decals and badging removed to what it is now. The cars is signed by Ed Hamburger of SLP also. The car is completly stock and comes with a ton of 10th anniversary goodies ( even though it's not a true anniverary car, it just played one at one point). Definately will be getting a ton of pics, here's one for now.

28891769994.335572889.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

Edited by A_HoderSS

Just under $11K. I love these cars they look so mean, especially the WS.6.

Very good price.Yes,I love my WS6 but obviously (purchased it brand new) with only 12,000Miles on it,I don't drive it enough,roughly 1000miles a year :(

I have to try my hardest to say away from the heads and cam, this is going to be a tough one not modify. I told the wife I just want to keep it shined up with all the Adam's priducts I keep buying. So far she's down.

It's cool. I did a ton of research before deciding on this Firehawk. I found a lot of people raising the price for these cars. I was lucky enough to find this car and the owner who was asking a little under the NADA. He told me he wasn't going to sell it to just anyone, he wanted someone who really wanted the car and would take car of it.

These cars are being sold for C5 type money, which was on my list of cars that i wanted. But with news of another kid coming I decided I couldn't do a 2 seater.

I have to try my hardest to say away from the heads and cam, this is going to be a tough one not modify. I told the wife I just want to keep it shined up with all the Adam's priducts I keep buying. So far she's down.

Tell her you'll only modify it with SLP parts.:D

Picked up the car today, has a few issue us with the paint but not too terrible. Got 20 miles down the road and bad fuel pump. Probly won't be done til Monday. So few extra days in St . Louis and $1200 bill.

I don't know if I have bad or good luck. But I was able to get in touch with the previous owner. He was nice enough to pay for the towing and the cost of the fuel pump being replaced.

Also he was nice enough to let us stay in his old house that's still on the market.

Unfortunately the car won't be ready til Monday afternoon.

So, update. We dropped the car off Saturday afternoon. This place called Dobbs quoted us 4.5 hours of work and the bill would be $1200-$1500 depending on what fuel pump the car needed. The had 3 hours to work on it Saturday. Didn't start it, not a big deal I understand you can't start a vehicle right away a the time. We call Monday, guy says, "yeah we started it this morning". Me being curious I rode up there at noon in the snow. Sure enough the car hasn't been started. It was on the lift but the exhaust still there and the rear end still installed showed signs the car wasn't started. The guy says, " sorry we're busy". Oh man this got me fired up when he told me earlier it was started already. Now he tells me won't be done til 5pm. I'm not driving him at night in the snow, so another night here in st Charles, MO.:mad:

Edited by A_HoderSS

So, update. We dropped the car off Saturday afternoon. This place called Dobbs quoted us 4.5 hours of work and the bill would be $1200-$1500 depending on what fuel pump the car needed. The had 3 hours to work on it Saturday. Didn't start it, not a big deal I understand you can't start a vehicle right away a the time. We call Monday, guy says, "yeah we started it this morning". Me being curious I rode up there at noon in the snow. Sure enough the car hasn't been started. It was on the lift but the exhaust still there and the rear end still installed showed signs the car wasn't started. The guy says, " sorry we're busy". Oh man this got me fired up when he told me earlier it was started already. Now he tells me won't be done til 5pm. I'm not driving him at night in the snow, so another night here in st Charles, MO.:mad:

Man that must be frustrating.real sorry to hear about your situation.

Next time I pick up a car it will be with a trailer. I don't mind doing the work myself.

I'm just grateful the previous owner is being so nice about the situation. When I called him up and told him about it I never expected him to pay for it.

By the he actually owns a 10th anniversary Firehawk. Blew me away he had 2, plus a Vette in the garage.

If this car toured the southeast in 2000 and 2001 like the owner said it did. Then this was the same car i took pictures of when I was at the Pepsi 400 in Daytona. Back when i was in high school and could only drool over these cars.

Anyway, didn't get back til 5pm today and had to drive in some nasty slush for 6 hours, needless to say the car is disgusting. However I did get a chance to tackle the front license plate cover, since it was off. Swirls camed out but it still has some deep scratches that may require some wet sanding. Hopefully i can get to the rest of the car this weekend.

I happy to have this car finally in my garage.

483946_506613546028202_1895256460_n.jpg

531403_506613726028184_1079144240_n.jpg

Edited by A_HoderSS

Congrats on the buy. I just sold my 00 Trans Am. Loved that car and looking to get another one. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but that is the exact reason I go to pick up a vehicle in a different state with a truck and trailer.

Nice car Andrew! :rockon:

I was under the impression that the Firehawk was only in a yellow, at least that is the only color I've seen on 'em.

Congratulations on the purchase! :cheers:

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

BTW: Congratulations on the next little Holder. :D

Edited by Bluezey

Nice car Andrew! :rockon:

I was under the impression that the Firehawk was only in a yellow, at least that is the only color I've seen on 'em.

Congratulations on the purchase! :cheers:

Shine On

Bluezey:pc:

BTW: Congratulations on the next little Holder. :D

Thanks, I believe they could have been ordered in any color that they offered for the Trans Am.

Pretty excited about the baby, my boy wants to name it "Baby Optimus"