Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from Charleston, SC

carlrx7

Hello!

I've been having my friend detail my vehicles with Adam's car care products and finally decided to stop funding his addiction and add to mine! I purchased the adams brillance porter cable detail kit, machine sealant kit, leather kit, super vht and under carrage, extra MF towels and a detail cart.

Vehicles that are about to get spoiled:

Superior Blue 2006 Trailblazer SS AWD 3SS, 90,700 miles

Victory Red 2006 Twin Turbo Corvette 3LT 44,000 miles

Night Blue Metallic 2013 VW Passat TDI SEL 169 miles

Getting ready to wash the Passat for the first time, clay, get rid of the swirl marks from the towel boy and then apply the 3M Paint Protection film. Question, can/should I apply quick machine sealant and brillant glaze down before i install the clear bra?

Thanks! I've already learned a lot from this forum during my 12hr membership!

-Carl

P.S. GOOO PATRIOTS!!!

Welcome Carl!

Question, can/should I apply quick machine sealant and brillant glaze down before i install the clear bra?

Not really a need to apply QS, as the 3m film will provide the protection. BG would not hurt though.

Not really a need to apply QS, as the 3m film will provide the protection. BG would not hurt though.

Do you think the Glaze will stand up to the isopropyl alcohol that is used to activate the adhesive in the film?

Is there an abbreviation page? I've seen IPA all over the forums and didn't realized it was just Isopropyl Alcohol. whats the percentage?

3M says to use 25% iso and 75% water.

-Carl

That sounds ok. I use it about 50/50.

Here is a link to the abbreviations thread, but it only has Adam's products listed - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/new-member-check/3254.htm

welcome Carl!

P - A - T - S PATS PATS PATS! lol

oh and :worth:

ok, ok, I unwrapped all my goodies today and got to work on the 13' Passat. Its build date was three months ago so the paint is nice and hard. and i wanted to correct any swirl marks before installing the 3m paint protection film

1A0DE05E-F6CF-46C1-BF65-F171B92A196C-302-0000007141B6C90F.jpg

microfibers are in the washing machine getting rid of all the lint, i got a lot!

just got it tinted so there is a nice coating of tint adhesive and spray solution over the outside of the car.

Started with a basic wash, then washed with dawn to strip it, then i claybar'd it, surprised of all the crap aka train soot i had collected.

then i taped it all up, being sure to NOT USE EDGE LOCK, thanks to a sticky i read.

516F1842-A56D-43B9-A800-B780F11C2B93-302-000000713E2EAABA.jpg

1A878045-5434-4C25-A78A-45A9D1FFFC3C-302-000000713AD4BB97.jpg

taped off a small area and it needed 3 passes of green then orange and then white, about 99% perfect.

66441_10151438945878628_1083152277_n.jpg

156362_10151438945888628_779685781_n.jpg

I'm having a real hard time finding the swirl marks, Not sure if its just my lighting or the metallic is hiding them all.

anyways, my buddy told me to wait and take it out in the sun tomorrow to see all the swirls that hide in garages but are exposed in the sun.

hopefully it still looks good, because my arm is killing me.

-Carl

PS... the detail spray smells AMAZING!! Going to pick up the weekly special, hopefully something good for thursday special so i can combine orders!

Edited by carlrx7

Hi Carl,

First welcome to the forum. I have one of these for finding swirls it's made by Brinkmann and they run around $30.00.

Thanks Pure! I found it online for 28 bucks, but will have to wait because i spent my last penny on this weeks special deal and daily special.

Detail spray AND car wash soap!!